Chapter 11

There she was, perked up on the park bench like a sassy chicken. Her back was facing him and she seemed to be completely emerged in the phone conversation, so he attempted to tip toe away quietly without her noticing. Unfortunately, his coordination on stage is a lot better than his stealthy ninja skills, so he ended up tripping and falling flat on his face with a THUD! The girl turned around to investigate the loud noise, and when she saw it was Nash, she hung up the phone and ran over to him.

Nash scrambled to his feet, brushing off the loose grass that stuck to his skinny black jeans. When he saw her running toward him, he glanced around hoping that she was rushing towards someone else, but alas knew that he was her main goal. He groaned, probably loud enough for her to hear, but he didn't care.

"NASHHHHH," the girl squealed as she leaped onto him, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. She tried to kiss his lips, but he turned away, leaving her to kiss his soft cheek. He struggled to get her off of him, and after a few minutes of playful/annoying (depending on whose side you hear) wrestling, she finally let go.

"Oh Nashy Boo! I've missed you so much! I haven't seen you in forever!"

"I wonder why," Nash muttered.

"I think about you every day and every night and..." she rambled, as usual.

Nash was ashamed to admit that this crazy girl was his ex (sort of). It was a long story... well actually, no it wasn't. He was drunk one night at some Hollywood party when he met her. They made out, and to him it was just a one-time thing, but to her, he was "the one" and she never let him out of her sight for 2 months. It was only a month ago that he had politely told her to get lost.

"...and I just want to live in your socks so I can be with you every step of the way!" she exclaimed, locking him into another bear hug.

"Okay... Listen Karen...," he said gently, pushing her away from him again. "We're not, uh... together... anymore," he said, using the word "together" loosely, "so you can't just run up to me and jump all over me."

Karen nodded as if she understood, but Nash knew he would have to reinforce this common sense multiple times before it sunk in. She wasn't exactly the sharpest crayon in the box.

"Okay, so when can I see you again?" she asked, as if Nash hadn't said anything at all.

Nash sighed. "Never," he said as politely as possible.

"But why not?" she pleaded with her big brown puppy dog eyes.

"She is really pretty," Nash thought to himself. "Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if-" he contemplated. Then he shook his head in disgust at himself. "NO Nash. Pull yourself together! You need Danielle."

Nash pulled himself out of his thoughts and responded to Karen saying the only thing he could think of.

"I can't see you again because I have a girlfriend."

"Oh..." she said sadly, looking down at her feet. Then she looked up at him suspiciously.

"Wait a second," she said, stepping towards him. "I checked your Facebook page yesterday morning and last night and this morning and 5 minutes ago. You haven't changed your relationship status."

"So?"

"Well it's not official unless it's Facebook official!"

"We wanted to keep it quiet for now."

"Oh..." she said again. The two of them stood there kind of awkwardly for a few moments until she came up with something else to say.

"Well what's this girl's name? Where did you meet? How long have you been dating? Huh? Huh? Huh?" With each question she got closer and closer to her face until they were almost nose to nose. He took a step back before answering.