Chapter 7

"Um what?" Danielle was shocked, despite knowing that he was going to ask something of that nature.

"I asked if you would go out with me," Nash clarified.

"Yeah I know what you said... I'm just wondering why?"

"I told you, I think you're beautiful and-"

"Yeah yeah I'm freaking amazing I know," Danielle said in a somewhat harsh sarcastic tone.

"Woah hey!" Nash said, sliding off the bed and taking a step back defensively. "I thought I was doing you a favor here!"

As soon as the words came out of his mouth, he knew he'd made a mistake.

"A FAVOR?!" Danielle yelled. "Am I just some charity case for you? Some poor fangirl that you're going to string along for your own amusement? Well I'm sorry Me. HotShot, but I have way more self respect than that."

"That's not what I meant and-"

"Oh shut up!" Danielle scoffed as she turned her back to him. "I just told Nash Overstreet to shut up. What the hell is wrong with me?!" she thought, but she stuck her ground. This was literally her dream (well, minus the whole fainting and hospital room thing) and she was pushing him away. She told herself that she didn't want to be his charity case. That she had too much self respect. But in reality, deep down, she was just terrified of getting hurt. This was all so surreal and she knew that the odds of this ever ending well was close to 0. She'd been hurt so many times before... So she put up her walls and pushed her dream away.

"I think you should go," she whispered, not looking up.

"Look I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"You need to leave."

"Danielle..."

"Please."

Nash stood where he was for a few seconds, not wanting to go, but knowing he had to. He grabbed his jacket from the chair in the room and headed for the door. As he turned the handle, he looked back and saw tears running down Danielle's face...