Chapter 6

"I'm sorry, you did WHAT?!" demanded Danielle, as she sat up straight in her bed, leaving her almost eye level with Nash.

"Well, I told them I was your boyfriend because I felt bad! I'm practically the reason you're in here!"

"Oh please. You're so full of yourself," Danielle teased, poking him on the arm.

She couldn't believe she was kinda sorta flirting with Nash Overstreet. This wasn't like her at all! On normal days, she would be quiet as a mouse, or as awkward as a flamingo, but today was no normal day. Not only had she gone to her first Hot Chelle Rae concert, but she was now in a hosital room after passing out in Nash's arms. There was nothing normal about this. Danielle figured that this would be the last time she would see him, at least until the next concert, so she decided to take it for what it was worth, and she continued flirting.

"So you told them you were my boyfriend because 'Hi my name is Nash Overstreet, let me in' wasn't good enough?" she winked.

"I may be awesome but I don't have that much pull at a hospital," Nash teased.

Danielle giggled and look down shyly. This was all too perfect.

Trying to break the awkward boundaries between the two, Nash attempted to sit on the edge of Danielle's hospital bed. Unfortunately, he missed by a mere inch and slipped onto the floor with a THUD! His face flushed red as he struggled to get up.

Danielle tried to keep her composure so he wouldn't feel bad, but she couldn't help it and soon was engulfed into a fit of laughter.

"What? You've never seen a rock star fall on his ass?" he said, reaching his feet.

"Haha no! Not in person!"

"Really? A beautiful girl like you? I woulda thought that all them rock stars woulda been all about tryin to get your attention."

"Oh yeah, psh... That totally happens. All the time. 'Them Rockstars' love me," she said sarcastically.

Nash's eyes showed curiosity and Danielle expected a question to escape from his lips.

"Alright, let's try this again," he laughed as he successfully sat next to her on the bed. He looked back at her, realizing that this might be awkward. "Oh, I uh... hope I'm not imposing," he said gesturing at the bed.

"Oh Nash, you silly boy. You can impose all you want!" Danielle thought to herself, but only said "no you're fine" out loud.

Nash took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He was contemplating something and it was making Danielle quite nervous. He finally spoke.

"So listen... This is crazy... but I really like you."

"Yeah you're right, that is crazy," Danielle agreed playfully.

Nash glanced back at her as if to say "you're adorable, but please let me finish."

"I felt something at that concert that I haven't felt in a long time. I see something in your eyes that makes my heart beat faster every time they look at me."

"Maybe you need a heart monitor," Danielle joked, gesturing at the machine she was currently hooked up to. Realizing she had interrupted again, she apologized and mimed zipping her lips.

"You have to understand that I don't do this. I'm not the type of person who stares at one person as if no one else is in the room. I'm not the type of person who messes up the words to a song he's been singing for years because of a girl he's never even talked to. I'm not that type of person... completely overwhelmed by the sudden feeling of excited little butterflies in my stomach...Or at least I didn't think I was... But then I saw you, and everything I thought I knew about how I felt, was completely erased. So I know this is crazy, and impulsive, and scary... But I have to ask because I don't want to regret..." Nash was speaking rapidly and his arms were flying all over the place in hand gestures. Danielle reached for his hand to stop him, calm him.

"Nash," she whispered. He stopped his rambling speech and stared into her beautiful eyes.

He whispered, "I know this is crazy. I know it is. But I have to ask."

Danielle leaned forward in anticipation, not believing what he was about to ask.

"Will you go out with me?"