Chapter 1

Jamie had Nash's full attention.

"Okay, so what's this big advice you've got?" questioned Nash urgently. He was pretty desperate at this point.

Instead of directly answering his question like a normal person, Jamie dramatically stared off into the distance, standing as he did so. He took the storyteller stance, waving his hands slowly in front of him, as if telling a dramatic tale.

"Once upon a time, in a land far, far away," he began.

"Seriously dude?" Nash was getting impatient.

"Just let him go. There's no sense in stopping him now. His other personality has taken over," joked Ryan.

Jamie continued. "On the corner of the street in a sunny Boston neighborhood, stood a beautiful girl, whom I later knew to be named Vanessa. She was as shy as the sun is bright, but god was she beautiful."

"Isn't this supposed to be about my love life? How do you and Vanessa have anyth-"

"But I too was shy. I had no way of confronting this beautiful girl on that sidewalk that sunny day, so I looked down at my feet and sadly let this beautiful girl cross the street, out of my view and out of my life."

"You're so dramatic," Ryan remarked, rolling his eyes as he left the living area of the tour bus. Nash stayed planted on the couch, eagerly awaiting the point (if there was one) of Jamie's dramatic tale.

"Needless to say, this beautiful goddess of beauty-"

*instert Nash rolling his eyes*

"- was all I thought of for the next few days of my life. We were only in Boston a few more days and after short deIiberation, I promised myself that I would find this dream girl, despite our shyness, and ask her out. I wandered the city aimlessly the next day, often returning to the corner I had watched my dream walk away. The thought of it made my heart break right inside my chest. I may have even shed a tear or two." Jamie mimed a tear falling down his face. For the millionth time, Nash rolled his eyes and sighed. He should have known that Jamie's advice wouldn't be so easily forthcoming.

"I was about to give up, when one night, the night of March 11th to be exact, my dream came true."

"Isn't that the night we had that concert in Boston and-"

Jamie dramatically jumped on the chair and spoke in a triumphant voice. "IT WAS THE NIGHT WE HAD A CONCERT IN BOSTON!" he repeated.

"I was getting ready, taking merely 10 minutes to perfect my Justin Bieber hair swoosh. My thoughts were still fixed on the beautiful crosswalk girl, but I knew my chances of finding her again in the zone of bright city lights known as Boston were improbably. So I pushed her out of my mind as best I could as I changed into my polo and khakis. I had a show to put on and my fans deserved the best. Fast forward to an hour later, when you and Ryan were FINALLY done getting ready."

Nash tried to retaliate, but realized it was true and kept his mouth shut.

"We were 15 minutes from showtime. I sat on the zebra print couch backstage, staring at the shiny floor. You came up to me and asked if everything was alright. I said it was, but you saw past my bold-faced lie and asked who she was. I briefly described the awe that was Vanessa and how I desperately wanted to find her and, as cheesy as it sounded, live happily ever after with her in my life. You told me not to give up. You said that one day, I would find her and that we would be that amazing couple that everyone wants to be like. YOU gave me that advice."

"Okay, okay. I see where this is going, but-"

"So we ran out onto the stage, with the thousands of fans screaming our names. I could barely see past the first row, with all the blinding stage lights and whatnot, but the first row was all I needed to see. There she stood, front and center, the girl of my dreams. She wasn't going bat-crap crazy like the others around her. Instead she stood there sophisticated, but still excited. She pushed her long blonde hair behind her ear and shyly looked down at the floor when she noticed me staring. But I could see a smile spread across her face. When she looked up, I was standing at the edge of the stage. You and Ryan were confused as all hell wondering what I was up to this time. But I couldn't let her get away again. I asked her to meet me after the concert, but with all the screaming girls around, she couldn't make out the words I was saying. Just as I was about to ask her again, you and Ryan pulled me back and basically pushed me back to the drums."

Nash shrugged. "Sorry dude."

Jamie broke character, glanced at Nash, and smiled. "It's all good dude. It all worked out."

"We performed for the required hour and then y'all ran offstage to go meet fans in the back. I tried to see past the stage lights, but they blinded me. I just prayed that she hadn't left, but feared that she probably had. I ran to the front of the stage, and surely enough, she was gone. I sadly slouched off stage right and was about to exit the arena when I heard a soft voice say 'Jamie?' I turned, and there she was, standing awkwardly, but adorably by the edge of the stage. I ran to her and leaped off of the stage. I may or may not have twisted my ankle, but it was totally worth it."

       "'I... um... I heard you say something about... meeting you here after... the um concert?' she said shyly as she pushed another lock of blonde hair behind her cute little ears."

"'Yes!' I shouted, a little too loudly. And right then and there, ignoring all of my fears and doubts and insecurities, I asked her out. And today we are still as happy as can be!"

Jamie broke character for real and became, as Ryan would say, "his normal personality".

"So do you see the point I'm trying to make here?"

"That life is good and love is great and rainbows and unicorns really do exist?" Nash mocked.

"Well, you said you wanted my advice, and there it is." Jamie hopped off the chair angrily and scuffled off out of the living area.

"Aw come on dude, it was a joke!" Nash yelled, although he wasn't really joking. He was still cynical about this whole "true love" thing. Either way, he had a show in 2 hours and he wasn't ready to perfect his gorgeousness just yet, so he grabbed his guitar and began mumbling the words to another hopeless love song.

                                                                            ***********

 "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! I can't believe we're here!" squealed Reilly, as she squeezed the life out of Danielle, her internet (now real-life) best friend.

"I know! Oh my god we're gonna meet Hot freaking Chelle Rae!" shrieked Tori.

"And Danielle is gonna marry Nash!" teased Kylie.

"You know it!" sassed Danielle. "I just can't believe we're here! And we finally met and we're gonna see them and Forever Unstoppable and I just oh my god feels!"

The girls all squealed with excitment.

"We should totally take selfies to remember this momentous occassion," giggled Kylie.

"That is the most hipster swag fetch yolo thing you've ever said" joked Danielle.

The girls all laughed in unison. They were like 4 peas in a pod.

 "I just have to run to the bathroom quick and I'll be right back." Leaving the group of friends, Danielle wandered around until she found the restrooms. A few minutes later, she was on her way back to rejoin her friends when she started to hear a soft song in the distance. As she walked a bit further, she recognized the song as "Keep You With Me" by none other than the band she was there to see, Hot Chelle Rae.

"Hmm Reilly must be listening to the acoustic versions on YouTube," she concluded.

But when she turned the corner, her jaw dropped.