Chapter 2

There he was, sprawled out on the grass, guitar laying on his chest. Eyes closed, he softly harmonized "days go by, yeah I've always got you on my mind..."

Danielle could tell Nash was in his own little world, although she wasn't quite sure why he was out on the lawn. She contemplated going up to him, but her nerves warned her against it, so she stood there, listening to his harmony. Nearing the end of the song, she thought she might have the courage to approach him. She stepped from behind the bush where she'd been hiding and just as she was about to take a step, the tour bus door opened and Ian yelled out at Nash to come in for pre-show warm ups.

Feeling dejected, Danielle wandered back to her group of friends. She decided it best to disregard the disappointment of the few minutes prior and focus on the upcoming concert. When she reached Reilly, Tori, and Kylie, they were huddled in a group over Kylie's phone watching a video Nash had just posted on Instagram. When she heard Danielle coming, Reilly looked up and frantically waved her over.

"Danielle!" she shouted. "You've gotta come see this!"

When Danielle arrived at their cramped little circle, they pressed play to reveal Nash laying on the grass, where she had seen him only moments before. He spoke in a calm, yet agitated voice.

"So I'm just chillin' outside the venue for the Ft. Wayne concert, here in, you guessed it, Ft. Wayne. About an hour 'til show time. Just pondering the meaning of life and love." Nash paused and let out a quick sigh. "I just hope one day I can sing these love songs to someone special." And with that, the video ended.

Danielle stared at the screen for a few seconds and when she looked up, her friends were all looking at her with hopeful eyes.

"What?" Danielle asked, as if she didn't already know what they were going to say.

"Well? You could totally be his someone special!" squeaked Tori.

"Definitely! Marshmallows by the fire," swooned Reilly.

"Kisses under the stars!" winked Kylie.

"Guys please. It's never gonna happen. Just let it go," Danielle said harshly. Immediately after she said it, she realized her tone was not appropriate.

"I'm sorry guys, I just... I just don't want to get my hopes up for something that is never going to happen. I've accepted the fact that all I will ever be to him is another girl at another concert."

There was silence for a moment before Reilly spoke. "Wow, and you came to all of those realizations in the bathroom? Must have been some intense FLOW of emotions in there!"

The friends glanced at Danielle to see her reaction to the pun, and simultaneously, they all burst into laughter.

"I love you guys," Danielle exclaimed as she grabbed them all for a group hug.

"We love you too! Now let's go get in line! Doors open in 30 minutes!"