Chapter 5

*beep beep beep beep*

Danielle slowly opened her eyes to see bright flourescent lights on the plain white ceiling above. She had idea where she was, as she was just regaining consciousness. She tried to move her arms, but when she lifted her right arm up, she wimpered in pain as the IV tugged at her skin.

As her vision became clearer and her mind became more aware of where she was, she rolled over to see none other than Nash Overstreet sleeping in the chair next to her bed. She thought she was dreaming, so she pinched herself, winced at the slight pain, and then returned her attention back to the sleeping beauty that was Nash Overstreet.

Not only was she confused about why she was in the hospital in the first place, but she was immensely curious why her celebrity crush was in there with her.

"I am so confused," she whispered to herself. Nash, being a light sleeper, started to stir, and finally woke up. When he saw that she was awake, he jumped to his feet and leaped the few steps to her bed.

"Hey! How are you feeling??" he asked eagerly.

"Um... a bit confused, to be honest," she stammered. She couldn't believe he was standing in her hospital room. His skin was so sparkly under the bright lights, similar to that of Edward Cullen. His hair was messy but sexy, just the way she liked it. His shirt was on the tight side, showing off his biceps and-

"Earth to Danielle!" Nash said, waving his hands in front of Danielle's face, snapping her out of her own thoughts and back to reality.

"I'm sorry what?"

"I asked what you were confused about. Then you started muttering 'so beautiful. love me. Twilight.' and then I snapped you out of it by saying 'Earth to Danielle' and then-"

"Okay I got it now," she said, putting her hands on his to calm him down. Then she realized that she was basically holding hands with Nash Overstreet and the thought made her heart race, which in turn made the heart monitoring equipment go nuts. She didn't want nurses to come in and ruin this moment, so she let go of his hands and took deep breaths. He just stood there staring at her, as if she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

"What?" she asked.

"Oh nothing... it's just... well um... you're the most beautiful girl I have ever seen," he blushed, looking away.

Danielle snorted accidently, causing a mortified look to appear on her face. Then she just started laughing uncontrollably. Nash giggled nervously at first, then joined Danielle in the obnxious full-out laughter. This continued for a few minutes until Danielle had tears streaming down her face and Nash was hunched over from laughing so hard. They each took a few deep breaths as they came down off of the laughing high. Nash was the first to speak.

"In all seriousness though, you really are beautiful."

Danielle shyly glanced away, whispering "thanks." Awarkdly silence ensued for a few seconds until Danielle spoke again.

"So, um, not to sound ungrateful or anything, but why are you here? Why am I here?"

"Um... well first off, what's the last thing you remember?"

"Well, I remember being at the concert," Danielle thought back to the amazing experience. She was going to say that she remembered him staring at her, that she remembered him saying her name, that she remembered the look of love in his eyes. Instead she just said, "I remember meeting with my friends afterwards and then suddenly it all went blank," she lied, leaving out the part where she remembered him coming up to her and saying hi, and her awkwardly falling into him as she lost consciousness.

"Okay, well... let's see," Nash stammered awkwardly, looking down at his feet. This was the first time Danielle had ever known him to be speechless. "So I kind of came up to you after the show and said hi, and when you saw me, you sorta passed out in my arms. When you didn't wake up, one of your friends called 911 and they brought you here and-"

"Wait! My friends! Where are they??" Danielle questioned, quickly glancing out the window.

"They only allow certain people in the patient rooms after hours."

"So how did you get in?"

Nash blushed, then smiled a sexy evil smile. "I kinda sorta told them I was your boyfriend..."