Chapter 13

Ralph's P.O.V 

Vanellope and I were getting ready to go to the race and boy she was Excited. There was something up though she was nervous at the same time. One pep talk later she was excited again " Hold on I forgot something " she said running back between the sugar free lollipops and that's when King Candy made his way to me and i started chasing him " i just need to talk to you " he said as i glared " i'm not interested on what you have to say " i said and that's when he showed me my medal and told me a story that made me think that maybe Vanellope shouldn't race " i know it's hard " he said and i sat on a gumdrop " but good guys have to make the tough decisions don't they " he continued as i sat there with a frown visible on my face then he left me and Vanellope alone.  

When she came back she gave me a candy handmade medal that said 'you are my hero ' i stared at it in awe and looked at her " just in case we don't win not there's remote chance we're not gonna win " she said heading to her cart and that was my chance to tell her.  when i did she didn't take it well and it only made things worse when she saw the my medal that i won in hero's duty and she began to get mad. I now knew what i had to do even though i didn't want to do it. I looked at my hands and began to break her cart with sheer regret on my face when i was done she was crying and looked at me " you really are a bad guy " she said walking off as i bowed my head in shame.