Chapter 9: Kevin's party

The last couple of days I ignored Jake. He tried to call me and he texted me like a thousand times. I'm very proud of my self ignoring him. He showed up at the house a few times but my parents didn't let him in. I told them what happened and I'm glad they understand me.
It's Saturday today and weekend!!! Five days of school are too much. My friends support me and Michael came over every day of the week. He's such a cutie. Oliver came by once so I could tutor him again. It's actually fun with him and he's a quick learner. I also begged for Iris to come to Kevin's party, and guess what! She said yes, well she said yes after I asked her like a million times or so.

It's 11 o'clock in the morning and I walk downstairs. I start to the day with banana pancakes and a glass of fresh orange juice. Mom and dad are not home and Theo stayed over at his friends house. So, that means... I'm home alone!! After breakfast I decide to take a looonggg shower. When I get out I take a soft towel and put it around me, I also take a smaller towel and wrap my hair in it. I go to my room and put on a top and a pair of shorts. I comb my hair and let it dry by the air. When I finish doing all that it's already 13:00. Long live weekends! I love taking my time and relaxing. I go downstairs and watch television. I'm watching the maze runner, for like the millionth time. I'm crushing on Dylan O'Brien so hard! He's such a hottie!
"Knock, knock"
Ugh.. who dares disturbing me during my movie! I pause the movie, stand up and walk to the door. I open the door and guess who's there... Jake. My day is just ruined, again! How dare he show up here? I immediately slam the door in his face. I walk back angrily, sit down and watch the movie.
"Tessa... I can explain. I've been a terrible boyfriend leaving you with her.", oh really? Shocker! "I love you, you know that. Please open the door and let me in.", of course... NOT! "I brought chocolates.", okay I admit I can't resist chocolate! I pause the movie... again! Stand up... again. And walk, open the door... again. I look at him and his eyes are filled with hope. Before he can take a step forward, I grab the box of chocolates out off his hands and slam the door shut again, louder and harder this time. Does he really think I'm gonna let him in. Hell, no! I at least have my chocolates now. They are Jake's gift, but chocolate is chocolate. No one can resist it, except when you're allergic by that's beside the point. I watch the last bit of my movie and decide to make a croque monsieur since it's like 14:33 already. My phone buzzes in my back pocket, so I take it out. It's a text from... Moon.

I'm coming over in a couple of hours so we can get ready together! I can't wait to see Samuel again, he's cute, isn't he?

Euhm.. okay I guess my parents are cool with that. Everyone has a different taste in men, I guess ;)

Hey don't judge, I think he's cute and so be it!

Fine fine!

I put my phone away and take the ketchup from the fridge. I sit in the sofa while eating and scrolling down my insta. Loads of people post new pics, and me being me, I like every single one of them. I then open my snap, I've only got a few snapstreaks because I'm usually to late to answer, but mostly I don't forget. I've got a snapstreak of 100 days with Moon and a I've got two others of 5 days with Michael and Oliver. After I ate en checked all my social media accounts I cleaned up my mess and go upstairs.
I've got nothing to do so decide to make homework.

It's now 19:00 o'clock and my parents finally show up, sadly they brought Theo home as well.
"Darling! We're home!", I hear mom yell from the hall. I open my door and run downstairs.
"We bought you a gift.", dad says exciting. I'm curious so take the goldenish bag out of his hands and untie the ribbon. In the bag there's a beautiful white dress. It has spaghetti strings and a part of my shoulder is bare skin. It's the dress I wanted for a long long time. It was sold out immediately so I didn't have the chance to buy it, but now I'm holding it in my hands.