Chapter 2 "Who is she?"

Alexander's POV

I was just driving my Matte Black Audi R8 around the busy city of New York to clear my mind . Being a CEO of an international company is not at all a piece of cake.

I am the CEO of River Corp. Its a family company. My grandfather started this company and my father expanded it and just two years back it was handed over to me and I plan to take it to new levels. And according to me this will take great effort from every employee working in my company. If you are the CEO you can't have a soft spot. You have to be ruthless so everyone will just do their jobs perfectly for the fear of getting fired.

I just lost a deal today because of my assistant's clumsiness. And guess what? She's fired!

Great! Now I need a new assistant.

Again!

Although she was a total eye candy with that figure and the tight skimpy outfits , but she was doing no good for the company.

I stopped my car in front of a small cafe because I seriously needed some caffeine in my system. As I entered the cafe, the sweet aroma of coffee hit me. The girl at the cashier stared at me wide eyed. Some waitresses were looking at me shocked.

I smirked.

Perks of being famous.

Then I went to the cashier and ordered a cappuccino. After paying I left the cafe but not before noticing the seductive looks that the waitresses were sending my way.

Don't they have some self respect? They don't even know me.

Just as I set foot outside the cafe I bumped into something or rather someone. My coffee spilled all over the person's clothes. And before I could stop I snapped at the person without looking, " is it too hard to keep your eyes open while walking ?!"

Stupid people.

I looked at the person and instantly regretted what I had just said. There, in front of me stood the most beautiful and innocent looking girl I have ever seen. Her eyebrows were knitted together and her eyes were a little wide and filled with fear and her mouth slightly parted. I don't know how but her innocent face just stirred something inside me. I wanted to apologise for snapping at her but no words left my mouth. I was speechless. Yep. Alexander Rivero was left SPEECHLESS by a girl who he doesn't even know anything about !!

Shocker!

She was the one to break the contact first. She blinked repeatedly and said in a very low tone that even I almost didn't hear, almost , "sorry".
Her voice was just so soft and sweet and just...angelic. I could tell by her behavior that she was very shy. But she had nothing to be shy about. She was by far the most beautiful girl I have ever seen . she had milky smooth skin without makeup and soft kissable lips with big greens eyes. She had everything to be confident about. This intrigued me . I wanted to know her.

I was so busy in my thoughts that I didn't notice her entering the cafe and buying me a new cup. I was shocked again because people don't really think about others so much in New York. Then she said softly , " I'm so sorry. I'm new here and I didn't see you coming. I didn't mean to do that. Here, I bought you another one" .

And now I feel like a complete ass for snapping at someone so pure.
I snapped out of my daydreaming session and gently took the coffee from her. She smiled shyly at me and before I could ask about her she left and left me thinking what just happened!?

Who is she?