Chapter 16 "Should I tell him?"

Sophie's POV

I was working in my office when there was a sudden knock, distracting me from the figures I was so engaged in.

I glanced at the watch on my wrist

9:52 pm

It was then I realised how late it was. I've been so engaged in my work that i didn't even realise what time it was until now.

But I was more curious to know who could it be knocking at my door at this late hour.

"Come in" I answered quickly.

The door was opened revealing Mr. Hotness's beautiful face.

What is he doing So late?

"Yes?" I asked.

"Hey, I was just leaving when I saw your office lights still on so I knew you were working on the presentation. You should go home. It's quite late." He replied.

Why is he leaving so late? I'm sure even he was busy thinking about the deal with The Brown. Corp.

"Yeah, just working . I'm leaving just after arranging all these. It's quite late." I said while grabbing all the different papers which were scattered around my desk.

I looked at my boss as he nodded his head slowly and mumbled a quick 'okay'. After that he softly closed my office doors and left.

I don't why but I felt relived but also little bit disappointed when he left.

But I didn't had much time to ponder upon those feelings as tiredness took over. I realised how hungry I was.

I quickly arranged all the papers in their order and stacked them on the table. I shutting down my laptop, I packed all my things in my bag and grabbed my phone and keys and left my office.

Claire's desk was empty so I assumed she has already left but I wasn't even expecting her to be here this late.

I pressed the button and it didn't take long for the lift door to open up as it was empty at this late hour.

I quickly exited the elevator as it opened revealing the ground floor's reception area.

It was heavily raining outside. The streets were all damp and and the atmosphere was really cold and their wasn't many vehicles on the road.

How am I going to hail a cab in this weather?

I had no idea how to get home. There were no cabs. Literally.

So I decided to go for the only option I had which was Walking. I had my umbrella with me so i wasn't going to get get soaked in the rain. Not completely at least.

I opened the umbrella and started walking slowly,still hoping to catch a cab.

I was walking when suddenly a black car approached me and suddenly stopped after reaching me. I couldn't see anyone in the driver's seat as it was dark and raining. Also the windows were closed.

I started panicking. I didn't know much people outside the office and it couldn't be any colleague right now at this late hour. I couldn't which car it was but it looked really sleek and expensive.

The windows on my side of the car were rolled down revealing the owner.

My boss

Mr. Hotness

"Come on. Hop in."

"Sir, what are you doing here?" I was confused. I thought he already left.

"I forgot something so I came again and get in fast, it's cold outside"

He was right. It was chilly outside.

"It's okay sir. I'll manage, I was just waiting for a cab"

"You won't find a single cab in this weather. Just get in quickly"

I realised there is no point arguing with him besides I needed a ride home so I decided to just go for it. I quickly opened the door of the passenger seat and got in.

The inside of the car was really good. Everything was made out of black leather and it clear that the car was maintained well. He was still wearing his office clothes.

"Sir, you really didn't have to"

He just looked at me and said

"Relax. I just didn't want you to get sick besides it's really late and not safe in this weather."

So thoughtful...

He faced towards the road again and started driving driving.

He looked at me and had a questioning look on his face. Like he was expecting something for me to say.

"Well?"

What is saying?

"What?" I asked with a confused face.

"Aren't you going to tell me you're address?"

My cheeks heated up in embarrassment. I was so engrossed in observing him that I forgot to tell him where I live.

"Or... do you wanna go to my place perhaps?" He said glancing at me with a stupid smirk in his face.

If I wasn't red earlier, I was now.

I quickly turned away and told him my address.

We fell into a comfortable silence. The only sound was of the rain hitting the car.

I leaned my head on the window and was watching the rain outside the window. It always soothed to hear the sound of rain, especially at night. I don't like getting wet in rain much but I definitely find it beautiful.

"What are you thinking about so deeply? "

I turned towards Alexander as he suddenly asked that. He was looking at the road but quickly glanced my way.

"Nothing. I was just listening to the sound of rain. It's really soothing. "

He didn't say anything just smiled looking at forward.

"How do you like working here so far?"

"It's really nice. Everybody is so friendly." Except the the girls.

"You just moved here and you already have everything settled. Your parents must be really proud of you."

I stiffened hearing the mention of my parents. He doesn't know that I don't know my parents.

Should I tell him?

AN:

Anyone else who loves hearing the sound of rain, especially at night?

Vote and comment!!! I love reading comments so please let me know your thoughts and I'll most likely reply.❤❤