Chapter 34 "Does he?"

Sophie's POV

Did I seriously just do that?

I still can't believe what just happened in his car, a few moments ago. Where did this sudden boost of confidence come from? I don't know what came over me but I just had this sudden urge to touch him, be close to him. The way he looks at me and took care of made me feel something.

I can still feel his fingertips tracing my lips, the roughness of his stubble when I kissed him, his smouldering gaze seeing right through me, the feeling of his huge rough hands enveloping my small soft ones as he intertwined our fingers.

After I left Alex's car, I straight up went to my apartment.

Right now as I am standing inside the elevator, I can't help but relive all the moments from this morning again, bringing a shy smile to my lips.

I elevator reached my apartment floor and I exited. I moved towards my door only to stand still to see it unlocked and opened a little bit. I moved the door and peeped inside.

Nothing seemed out of place and it was quiet. She entered slowly and her eyes immediately fell on the person sitting in her living room. There was a guy sitting in the living room couch but she couldn't see his face. His back was turned towards her and he was holding his head in between his hands, his elbows were placed on his knees.

Fear gripped my heart at seeing some unknown person sitting there.

The guy probably heard the sound made by my heels clicking on the floor as he turned around and the just like that, I relaxed seeing the person was not some stranger but Daniel.

He had dark bags under his eyes and his face was contorted in worry but as soon as he turned around and looked at me, the worry was instantly replaced with surprise and lastly relief.

He breathed a sigh a relief and in a moment he was standing up in front of me.

"God, Sophie. You can't just do that. You scared me shitless."

He said as he enveloped me in a bear hug and kept thanking god while I just stood there. Not understanding what he was talking about.

What is happening?

He pulled away and held my shoulders firmly and looked me up and down, like he was checking I was alright. My hair was a mess and my dress was rumpled due to seeping in it, but there was nothing out of ordinary.

Daniel looked up at me with worry again and started asking frantically,

"I was so worried about you. Why did you leave alone, without telling me? You didn't even have your phone and keys with you."

I finally understood what he was talking about. I was so drunk that I forgot that I came with him and left him without telling that I was leaving with Alex. That's why he was so worried about me and looked relieved when he saw me enter.

Guilt washed over me as I started to think about how worried he must have been to not find e in the club. That explains the eye bags, he probably didn't even sleep properly because of it. He must be blaming himself.

I've never seen Daniel like this before. He was always so energetic and all smiles. His smile was enough to make anyone around him feel happy. This just made me feel more guilty, seeing him so worried because of me.

I looked at him apologetically,

"I'm so sorry. It didn't even cross my mind. I feel so bad now, please forgive me."

The worried look on his face was again replaced by a friendly smile as he looked at me. He shook his head at me and said in a much softer tone this them,