Chapter 26 "Realisation"

Alexander's POV

What the fucking hell?!

There is a guy that just came out of the bedroom.

What is that ... thing doing in Sophie house or in Sophie's room to be exact?

He was wearing a black tank top along with some red basketball shorts. He was tall and looked fit and As much as I would hate to say this but he was quite good looking. I really don't like the idea of him being so close to Sophie.

I was super pissed off seeing some guy in her room.

He looked at ease like it was his own apartment. That didn't really sit well with me. I noticed He was holding some clothes in his hand. Then I noticed, it was a dress.

It didn't took me long to figure put it was Sophie's dress but What in world is he doing with it?

Her boyfriend?

The sudden thought occurred to me. I don't know why but that thought scared me and broke my heart at the same time. I tried to get rid of these thoughts and looked at him again, noticing his every move like a hawk.

He turned to look at the living room where Sophie and I were seated. He looked at back of Sophie's head since she still know about his presence and was abiut to say something when he stopped. Then his eyes connected with mine and there were so many things that I saw in them.

First, he looked shocked for a second and then after a moment, he smirked.
I don't know if it was just my imagination but I saw a sinister look in his eyes when he looked at me.

And me?

I kept glaring at him with all I had in me from the moment he walked out of Sophie's room.

Ughh!!!

Just saying it makes me want to break something.

I made it perfectly clear by my glare how much I was pissed with his presence but he didn't look bothered at all with all the dirty looks I threw towards him. Infact, he looked quite pleased with my reaction like he wanted me to react this way and it made me more angry.

Noticing my attention towards something else, Sophie turned to look where I was looking, that's when she noticed that guy.
Sophie looked at him and smiled and gestured him to come near,

"Hey Daniel, come I want you to meet someone. "

So his name is Daniel.

I thought bitterly.

Daniel smiled an extra sweet smile at him and I watched as he walked towards us and sat down beside Sophie. I was furious. Seriously now, who hell is he? He was sitting so close to Sophie, almost hip to hip. And the worst part? Sophie didn't mind at all. She just smiled at him and turned towards me and said,

"This is Daniel. He is my new neighbour. Daniel, this is my boss, Mr. Rivera."

That Daniel guy just smiled at me but there was a certain glint in his eyes and this time I was sure of it. He suddenly wrapped his arm around Sophie's shoulder casually and said,

"Nice to meet you, I'm Daniel. I just live next door."

Neighbour? Neighbour my foot!

He was smiling while I was just shooting daggers at him with my eyes. He was enjoying this, I could clearly see this.
I forced a smile, and said with gritted teeth,

"Nice to meet you."

Sophie still didn't have any idea about this tension in this room. She was just sitting there, smiling at both of us when Daniel noticed the flowers in Sophie's hand.