Chapter 19 "Only Him"

This chapter is dedicated to angel_eyes016

Sophie's POV

About an hour later the meeting was finally finished. They really loved my presentation, I can tell that by the way they praised my work.

We even got the deal!

Alex was so happy. It was a sight to see such a big smile on his face which refused to leave. Seeing him this happy made me also happy. It's obvious that this deal meant a lot to him and for his company.

The meeting ended and the members started to leave the room one by one. Alexander also got up from his seat followed by me. The CEO of the Brown. Corp; Mr. Brown got up from his seat and walked towards where Alex and me were standing.

"So you're Alexander's new assistant, huh?" He asked looking me up and down.

Perv!

He looked around 30 to 35 years old. I would say he was rather good looking with his light brown hair and brown eyes with lightly tanned skin and muscular but the way he was looking me told me that he is no good. But to keep it professional I stepped ahead and offered him my hand to introduce myself,

"Nice to meet you Mr. Brown, I'm Sophie Coleman, Mr. Rivera's assistant. "

He raised his one eyebrow looking at my professional tone but shook my hand nonetheless.

All this while, my boss was just standing by my side and looking at our exchange with an unreadable expression gracing his handsome face.

Mr. Brown was still holding my hand and not letting it go and I was getting extremely uncomfortable and nervous by this and not the good kind of nervous. Alexander probably noticed this and decided to intervene. He cleared his throat making Mr. Brown avert his gaze towards Alexander and letting my hand go during the process. Alexander glared at him and placed his arm protectively on the small of my back and slightly came closer to me.

But it was enough to make my stomach flutter in good way. I could tell he was wearing some expensive cologne because he smelled divine.
And damn, his hand on my back was definitely the cause of the different sensations I was experiencing.

Mr. Brown decided to speak this time,
He smiled looking at Alexander but it didn't reach his eyes,

"You're assistant is very talented. I loved the presentation. She sure knows how to convince people. She is also very... beautiful, I must say."

He said looking me up and down again with clear lust in his eyes.

I was not at all liking the way he was looking at me but his behaviour was affecting Alexander more than me, it was clear.

Alexander was furious. He had a scowl on his face and he looking at this man so intensely that if I was in place of Mr. Brown, I would be running for the hills.He was looking like he wanted to choke that pervert with his own tongue. He looked like he was trying to control himself very hard. Alexander looked at him and said,

"We have to go"

It was obvious that Alexander didn't want to cause any drama so he was giving a chance to him to leave.

Guess that perv didn't get the memo...

Mr. Brown looked in my direction and asked the dumbest question he could ever ask

"So Sophie, would like to work for me? I will pay you much more than you get working her. Double or maybe triple your salary even. Why do you say?"

Did he seriously think he could buy me?

I would never work for a pervert like him even if he offered me millions. Who knows what he actually want from me. Besides I like it here.

You don't want to leave Hotness...

I looked towards Alex and he was looking at me and he was waiting for my answer. But this he didn't look furious, there was a different emotion in them.

...Nervousness?

I decided to ignore that little voice in my head and looked straight at Mr. Brown and said

"No."

The look on his face was priceless. It was like he couldn't believe that I declined his offer. Did he seriously thought I was so thirsty for money?

I looked to towards Alexander and he also looked little bit shocked but it soon turned into a smug smirk as he looked towards Mr. Brown and said,

"Well it was very nice meeting you. Not"

He added the last part very slowly but I heard it and I tried very hard not to laugh.

Alex didn't even wait for his reply. He just ushered me out of the conference room leaving him there, standing in the same place, dumbfounded.

We arrived at Alexander's cabin and as soon as we entered and he locked the door,  we both burst out laughing.

"Did you see his face. He looked like someone just slapped him with a raw fish." He said.

I chuckled hearing him and nodded.

"Did he seriously think I would work for that sick minded man just for money."

He looked at me and smiled. His eyes crinkled at the corners making him look so cute and carefree.

"Why didn't you accept it though? That was a lot of money that he offered. "

I smiled at him and said,

"I'd rather earn less money than becoming Satan's personal mistress. "

He laughed hearing that but stopped as I added,

"And I like it here. I don't want to leave"

He smiled looking at me before there his phone started to ring. He fished out hos phone out of his pocket and answered it.

I decided I should leave now because spending too much time with him alone awakens these feelings inside me,

After he was finished talking on the phone I said,

"I should go. I'll see you later."

He looked reluctant for moment but maybe that was just my imagination.

He nodded after a moment and I quietly turned around to leave.

"Sophie?"

I turned around and waited for him to speak

"Thank you. Because of you we got the deal. "

I smiled at him when he spoke again,

"Red suits you"

I blushed at his compliment.

This is what I was talking about. I didn't felt this when Jackson complimented me but a simple comment from him can make me blush.

I just smiled at him and left his cabin, still blushing.

I don't know what are these feelings but ...

...only he can make me feel this way...

AN:
People were asking for update so much that i just had to....
Also it is the first day of 2018...so I decided to surprise you guys.