Chapter 17 "Her past"

Alexander's POV

She fell silent when I mentioned her parents. It seemed like it was really hard for her to talk about her parents.

She looked sad and I didn't want to upset her any more so I didn't ask anything further about it. Obviously it was a touchy topic for her.

I arrived at the front of her apartment building and stopped the car. Her apartment building looked quite good and was in a decent neighbourhood.

I turned towards her when she said,

"I don't know them..."

What she talking about?

I didn't know whom she was referring to. She looked towards me and looked straight in my eyes.

Those blue green eyes... I was finding to really hard to look away from them. It appeared as they held some secrets.

I didn't even had the chance to ask about what did she mean that she didn't know them when she started talking,

"Well, I don't know who my real parents are. I never met them. I was basically dropped on the road in the middle of the night when this kind old lady adopted me. Since then I've lived with her. She was like my grandmother. was the only one I had but now.... "

A small tear rolled down her cheek and the it just broke my heart to see her hurting. I had the urge to hold her and comfort her but I didn't want to scare her so I just sat there. She had this far away look on her face. She paused before continuing.

"She died a while ago. That's when I decided to come to New York and achieve my dreams."

I just sat there in complete shock, silently taking everything in that she told me. I would have never thought she had such a rough childhood.

I have a beautiful family with a very loving mother, a supportive father and siblings that always got my back . I can't even imagine my life without them and Sophie doesn't even know her parents. Didn't she ever had the urge to find them and ask why they did that?

Anger consumed me after my initial state of shock. What kind of people leave their own child, their baby, their own flesh and blood in the middle of dirt? What if no one was there to help her. Only thinking about it make me furious. I unconsciously tightened my hold to keep my anger in control.

Suddenly i felt something soft and warm touching my hands. I looked down and saw it was a hand, Sophie's hand. Her touch instantly calmed my anger a little.

I turned my face towards her and saw worry etched on her face. Instantly my face softened just looking at her soft features. She has stopped crying but her eyes shown her worry. Then she asked in her soothing voice,

"Are you okay?"

She looked towards towards my hand that was gripping the steering wheel tightly to the that my knuckles turned white. I didn't even realise doing that. I loosened my grip on it and sighed. Suddenly she removed her hand that was on top of mine and I instantly missed her warm touch.

I looked at her and nodded my head letting her know I was okay. How she can be so strong and kind with all things that life threw on her in such a young age is beyond me. I just realised she never had the support that children have from their parents. Neither emotionally nor financially. But still she managed to make some space of her own in this big world alone. And for that I respect her determination. She didn't let these things get to her.

That's why she was so kind and shy. She never really had someone. Surely, her grandma would have treated her really good but She never really experienced how it is to be taken care of, to pampered.

I looked at her and and just stared for a while. In front of wasn't siting my secretary who never disappointed me but a beautiful and innocent girl that was strong and independent.

I suddenly had this urge to just protect her and just take her in my arms and keep her away from all the evils. I want to make her feel safe and secure and something else...

...loved.

I don't where that thought came from but I didn't mind it.

I just stared at her for a moment.

God...She is beautiful...

I looked at her at her and she started to squirm in her seat probably uncomfortable from my stare.

Ughh...she probably thinks I'm a psycho who keeps staring at her...

But I just can't help it. There's this thing I don't know what it is that keeps pulling me towards her.

"I have to go" she said looking at me.

I didn't want her to leave, not so soon atleast but I knew she had to go. She was just about to open the door and leave when she suddenly turned and looked in my eyes again murmured softly

"Goodnight"

It really warmed my heart and I smiled at her. An actual smile.

"Goodnight Sophie..."

Her eyes widened a little and she looked surprised for a minute but it soon turned into a smile. She was surprised that I called her by her first name instead of Ms. Coleman which i usually use.

Even I didn't realise how that name slipped from my mouth. It just felt natural and clearly she didn't mind as well judging from the sweet smile that graced her face.

She got out of my car car walked towards her apartment building seeing it has stopped raining. I watched get inside safely and and started my car again and drove towards my house.

All the while thinking about her.

What are you doing to me?

A/N:

What do YOU guys think about Sophie??

Hello my lovely readers!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I know know it's tomorrow but still...
At least on my side of the equator it is tomorrow...
Tell me How are you guys spending your holidays?
Anyway thank you for the 38k reads!