Chapter 23 "Neighbour?"

Scott Gardner as Damien
(The Above picture is of him and he's sooooo hot 🔥🔥🔥)

Sophie's POV

That night when I finally reached my apartment, I was really tired and feeling very low. Part of me was really hurt by Alex's words but another part of me believed that maybe it was my fault for having so much expectations. But I couldn't help it. I really like being close to him. In such a little time I really got attached to him.

The elevator opened and I entered my floor.
As I walked towards my apartment, my eyes fell on the door to the apartment next door and there is not a lock anymore on it since a few days. Seems like someone moved here.

I made a mental note to introduce myself to them later and went to my apartment. The moment I entered my apartment I realized how tiring today was. From the pile of work on my desk to hotness's weird behaviour.

I dumped my purse in the table living room and made my way towards my bedroom. I stripped down my clothes and decided to take a bath. My body instantly relaxed when surrounded by the warm water. I was just relaxing when my mind started drifting towards thinking about all the events that occurred today.

Did he really mean what he said?

Of course he meant it! Why would he want to be with me when he can have any model, any actress in his bed with just a snap of his fingers. Whereas I'm just plain boring.

Simple.

For god sake i haven't even kissed anyone!

It really hurt to think that I meant so little to him. Not wanting to think about it again, I finished my bath and got dressed in a light pink oversized t-shirt that reached my mid thigh. It was cute and comfy. I left my wet hair fall down my back in a cascade.
I left my bedroom and went to the kitchen to make some food. I love cooking and it really calms my mind.

What should I make?

Since I wasn't in the perfect mood for eating, I decided to make some spaghetti and meatballs with salad. It's easy and really good.

After a hour I was finished cooking it and was about to serve it when there was a knock on the door. I looked at the digital clock hanging on the wall just across the kitchen and frowned a little.

9:07 pm

It was pretty late and I wasn't expecting anyone. I don't even know much people here. After placing the food down in the counter I went to open the door. I was really curious. I skipped towards the door and opened it carefully.

The opened it opened, I came face to face with a really cute guy. He was pretty tall and lean but muscular. I could clearly see the outline of his muscle through the white t shirt that he was wearing. He was wearing a white t shirt and black basketball shorts.

Those look really comfortable.

I looked at his face and he was smiling widely. He looked  kind and friendly. His eyes were black and black hair. And his eyebrows were perfect.

I may or may not be a little bit jealous of his eyebrows.

All in all he looked good. But then I noticed that I still don't know who he is. I was about to ask him who he was when he already answered my question,

"Hi! I'm Daniel. Your next door neighbour. "

Then it all clicked. I looked at him surprised  but smiled and said.

"Oh so you're the one who moved in here recently? "

If it was even possible, his smile widened and he nodded his head and answered with a 'yep'.

"I just moved here two days ago and was busy with all that stuff so I didn't get the chance to introduce myself. " he said.

I was about to answer him when a better idea came to my mind and I asked him,

"Hey did you have dinner yet?"

He looked a little confused at my question but answered anyway,

"No, I just came back from my studio and thought to check if you're home."

I smiled widely and said,

"Great. Why don't you come join me for dinner? I just cooked it. We can get to know each other more."

"Well I can't say no to free food right?"

He looked really happy at my offer and accepted it. He entered my apartment and complimented me saying it was really welcoming and cozy looking.

Suddenly he turned around and said looking somewhat surprised,

"Hey I just realised I still don't know your name"

I chuckled softly and answered,
"It's Sophie. "

He hummed in approval.
"Sophie... it sounds cute.It suits you. "

If it was any other guy I would have probably blushed thinking he was flirting or something but it didn't sound the same with Daniel. There is something... different about him. I just can't point out what it is.

I led him towards the kitchen area where all the food items were placed on the counter. We took a seat and started eating and the moment Daniel took the first bite of his food. He moaned. Literally.

"Oh my god! Did you seriously cooked this? It's heaven."

I smiled at his compliment and resumed eating. We talked a lot throughout the dinner. He said he is a photographer and was studying to become a fashion designer. He just moved here for his career but it's not his first time here. He said that a lot of his friends live here in New York.

We were just finished talking when he asked me where do I work.

"I work in the River Corp."

His eyes widened and he looked excited. I swear this is the the most enthusiastic person I probably have ever met in my entire life.

"No way. That's such a big company.
Have you seen the CEO? He is everywhere. The newspaper, television, magazine. Everything."

I laugh a little at his expression and his reaction. I wanted to see his reaction so I told him about my job a little more specifically,

"I'm actually Mr. Rivera's assistant. "

His eyes widened even more and his jaw dropped. He is so fun to be around.

"How can you focus on your work around that hot piece of abs? Can I get his number?" He looked quite serious.

Although I totally agree with him about my boss being hot bit I was surprised at his comment when I realised something.

"Are you gay?"

Without realising how rude it sounds, the words just escaped my mouth and I covered my mouth with both my hands instantly as my eyes widened.

I quickly I started to apologise saying,

"I'm sorry I really didn't mean to offend you. I just realised it suddenly. Oh god, it was really rude of me to-..."

On the other hand Daniel didn't look offended at all. Instead he started laughing. This stopped my pathetic attempt to apologise.

"Don't worry. I know you didn't mean to sound rude or something. I doubt you can ever be rude. After all you just invited a complete stranger for a dinner."

I visibly relaxed knowing he wasn't angry or upset about it and we still have a chance at being great friends.

Seeing I wasn't panicked anymore, he placed his elbows on the counter and put his head in his palms and asked dreamily,

"So do you mind telling me more about that boss of yours?"

I don't mind telling him about my hot boss...

AN:
What do you think about Daniel???

                 VOTE AND COMMENT

100 votes and I'll publish the next chapter.