Chapter 2

"Hey, freak."

I turned around confused and realized who the person behind me was. It was Allen Caseras. The biggest jerk in school.

"Hey, Allen. You realize nobody likes you, right?"

Allen looked mad when I said that.

"Look you little-"

"Hi, Mike!" I turned to my left and saw the most gorgeous girl in the world. Her hair was dirty blonde, and her hazel eyes stuck out in the sun. She wore her favorite band T-shirt that read 'Black Veil Brides' and the curls in her hair made her even more beautiful. "It's me, Anabelle. We talked last year, remember?"

Anabelle...Anabelle...Anabelle... Why wasn't I remembering who Anabelle was?

"It's okay if you don't remember me, a lot of people didn't notice me last year. I was the nerd. Does 'Dirty Belle' sound familiar to you?"

I thought for a second then automatically remembered who she was.

"Oh, you've changed a lot!"

Anabelle's cheeks turned bright red.

"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself," she murmured.

"Is that your girlfriend, freak?"

I turned back around realizing Allen was still there.

"She's smoking hot! I'd lay her any day." Allen turned to Anabelle giving her a wink.

"You call him a freak? You're a gross freak! Why don't you do me and Mike a favor and leave us alone!"

Anabelle grabbed my hand and we both walked off. I turned around and Allen look pissed. His fists were curled up to his side and he didn't take his eyes off of me so I turned back around.

"Thanks, Anabelle."

"No need to thank me, why does he call you a freak anyway?"

"Um..." I was lost, I couldn't just say Oh, well 2 years ago I totally froze my first girlfriend and then I panicked and almost set her on fire because I'm a stupid freak. "because I did something stupid 2 years ago."

"Like what?" Anabelle's eyes turned green which was weird because last time I checked they were hazel, but anyways...

"Well... I don't really want to talk about it-"

"We only have one minute before the bell rings, tell me after school okay? Promise you'll tell me after school?"

"Promise," I said back.

"I'll catch you later after school. Do you still have my number?" She asked before she walked off.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I do."

"Okay, bye Mike! You better text me after school!" and with that, Anabelle left.

today's going to be a long day... I thought to myself.