Chapter 12

The guards had Ryan by the collar of his shirt.

I was biting my lip not knowing what to expect after this situation. Their was silence in the room until my mother decided to finally say something.

She looked at me then back to him and said, "Ryan, you're fired from being a guardian especially to my son. You've brain washed him and taught him that being gay is perfectly fine! The rules state that you can't marry or date a person if they're the same sex as you. Our people do not-"

"Stop talking to him like that!" I screamed;  Everyone outside of the bedroom heard what was going on and tried to sneak a peek at all the chaos and confusion that was happening in my bedroom. Luckily one of the guards slammed the door shut which made me jump.

"Son, look you may think-"

"No, you listen to me. Who cares if Ryan likes his own sex. It doesn't matter! It shouldn't affect you in any way, unless it's causing you physical pain then don't complain about it! You need to start respecting other people's decision! You can't just go around telling people who they can and can't love because that wouldn't make it true love," I pointed to one of the guards. "Does your mom love your dad?"

The guard nodded.

"Would it make you happy if you seen your mom getting emotionally or physically abused by a man who isn't your father?"

The guard shook his head no.

"Exactly, if everyone was forced to choose who they can or cannot date or whether or not they have to be the same sex, many people would be unhappy in their relationship!" I paused for a second then continued my speech, "My point is, if Ryan and I like each other who cares? Your my mother, you should accept me for who I am. Only a true mother would accept who her son has became."

I grabbed Ryan's hand. "Let's go."