Chapter 8

Ryan and I went to the motels lobby and set the key on the counter.

We left the motel and Ryan didn't exactly mention where we were going.

My stomach began growling once he started driving and I'm guessing Ryan heard because he mentioned their was going to be food at the palace.

Palace... That word gave me chills.

"So, do you have any questions to ask about anything or everything?"

I bit my lip and stared out the window. I was silent for a little then began asking, "Where's Urisulem anyways? Is it like on another planet?"

Ryan chuckled, "I guess you can say that. It's basically another dimension."

"That's so cool!"

"I guess."

"Hm.. why are my parents in danger?"

Ryan's face turned blank. "I can't tell you."

"But you said I could ask whatever I want and you'd answer!" I snapped back.

"Well, anything you want except that."

I pouted and looked out the window.

"You're a prince in Urisulem. Your parents can't wait to finally meet you."

I looked at Ryan and then back out the window.

"I guess that's sort of cool," I tried not sounding excited but deep down inside my stomach was doing back flips.

"Sort of? Everyone knows you, I wish I was known like you." Ryan sounded sad.

"Well, I'd rather be a mystery than have everybody know me."

He smiled when I said that, "That's true, I guess."

"Yeah..." I said awkwardly.

"May I tell you a secret?" Ryan's face was serious, "You can't tell anyone or I'll be dead."

I laughed trying not to sound like I was scared then finally said okay.

It was silent for a little.

"I'm actually... gay."

I looked shocked and surprised when he said that.

"You're joking, right?"

"Nope, but over here, in Urisulem, it's against the rules to like the same sex. They don't play around. They'll kill you when they find out and I mean literally."

"Oh," I gulped feeling awkward.

"Yeah."

It was silent for the rest of the ride but Ryan finally managed to say that we're almost there.

Their was a big bubble when we were driving, it was the biggest bubble I've ever seen. We drove into it and I froze in shock.

This must be Urisulem.