Chapter 5

"Look kid, I'm not trying to hurt you but we need to discuss what happened-"

"Take him," Shea said softly.

"Shea! How could you?!" I screamed loudly. "This man was following me and you're letting him take me?! You're crazy! I thought you were the only good person in this house! Maybe Joshua was right to leave you! You ruin everything!"

Shea was near tears when I said that, but right about now I could care less.

"Sorry, kid I'll-"

"Kid?! I'm not a kid! I'm 15 years old and you know my name! My name is Mike!"

"Mike, calm down he isn't going to-"

"Calm down?!" I gave Shea an evil glare. "You knew he was going to kidnap me and kill me, you want that don't you?! I thought we were getting to know each other Shea, and now? You don't deserve to have a kid! I hope you have miscarriages in the future!"

The man in black grabbed my arms and put them behind my back as if I were some type of criminal.

"Why are you holding me down as if I'm a criminal?!"

"I could handcuff you if you'd like."

I pouted at the man. He was tall and had blue-green eyes. I think he was in his early 20s. He had dark brown curly hair and he could've got with any girl he wanted if you ask me. He was wearing skinny jeans and a hat that read 'Lakers.'

He pushed me outside and I let out a cry.

"Sorry, bud."

"Can I at least get your name? I mean I told you mine."

The man was now shoving me into his van and gave me a smile.

"My name's Ryan." He locked the door and went into the front and began driving.

"Where are you taking me, Ryan?"

"You sure do ask a lot of questions, huh?"

"Well if I'm getting kidnapped of course I'll ask questions."

Ryan chuckled at the sarcasm in my voice. "You're going to the protection house."

"The what?"

"The protection house. A lot of kids like you stay there."

"Like me? But why are you taking me?"

"Because your mother and father need you."

"Mother and father?" I said puzzled, "My mother and father are dead."

"No, Mike. That's what they wanted you to believe. All these years they wanted you to believe that they were dead so that they could protect you."

"Who are my parents?"

"Your parents? They're the king and queen of Urisulem."