Chapter 3

I was walking home and I noticed a guy in a white van was following me. No, why would anyone follow me? I'm just a freak of nature, I'm over thinking this. A lot of cars go this way, right?

"Meowww"

I turned around frightened then  I finally realized it was a cat.

"Stupid cats," I muttered to myself.

I continued my long walk back home, and kicked some trash on the floor and as soon as I kicked the trash I noticed it froze instantly.

SHIT! What did I just do?! This can't be happening, not again...

"Hey, kid!"

The man in the van was still following me. I panicked and ran. I ran as fast as I could, not looking back. My heart was beating fast and I almost tripped twice. There was an abandoned house two blocks away. I kept running until I got to the abandoned house.

After closing the door, I locked it and ran upstairs into one of the rooms. The furniture looked like it was a gazillion years old. The chair in the bedroom had dust all on it. Near the chair was a small little desk. I opened the desk and saw a key. Wonder what this would be useful for.

I slid the key into my pocket. The sheet on the bed was dirty with stains all on it. The floor made loud creek sounds when I stepped on it. The room was painted in black and their were spiders on the floor and some cockroaches."This place needs a massive makeover," I said out loudly realizing no one was in here but me.

I looked out the window and saw the van with the same guy I saw before. He was parked near the sidewalk and his windows were rolled down. I couldn't tell if he knew I was here or was just hoping to spot me over here but I was still freaked out. Who was I suppose to contact? Should I just contact the police?! Should I contact Shea?! I was having a total panic attack. I didn't know what to do.

"Riiinnggg." I was startled until I realized it was my phone that was ringing.

"Hey." I could tell it was a girl by her voice.

"Hi." I said shakily.

"Are you going to tell me about Allen? You promised me." I suddenly remembered who this was. It was Anabelle.

"I can't. At least not now, look I'm in really big trouble. I was walking home and a van was following me, now I'm hiding in an abandoned house 5 blocks away from my-"

"Do you know the guy? Maybe it's Allen trying to scare you."

I was silent for a long time then I finally managed to say, "No. It's not him. I could tell it's not him. Look I have to go, okay? Maybe we can talk later."

"Wait! Please don't hang up, I want to come with you."

"You can't, Anabelle. I'm sorry. I think this is too dangerous for a girl like you. Plus your parents will freak."

"Please..."

"I'm sorry, but no."

Anabelle hung up and I turned back around and looked out the window.

The man in the white van was gone.