Chapter 9

NOTE: Enjoying 'Frozen Fire'? Please be sure to vote this book and follow me. Thank You.

The men and women here were about 6 feet tall. The kids seemed to be enjoying where they were. I even noticed one kid playing freeze tag where he literally froze people.

"Did you see-"

"Yes, they're exactly like you. Except you're more powerful. You were gifted. You are what we call a Frozen-Fire."

"What's a frozen-fire?" I asked looking at him with one eyebrow up.

"Well, it's a rare type of power people have. You are the only one I'm Urisulem, that I could think of, that has this type of power?" Ryan seemed happy when he told me all these details.

"What do frozen-fires do anyways?"

"Well.." Ryan and I past a couple of kids and one of them asked if we wanted to play freeze tag but Ryan said we were too busy.

"Frozen-Fires have both powers. They're capable of freezing things and setting things on fire as well."

"So you're telling me that I can set things on fire as well as freeze them?"

Ryan nodded.

"That's so cool!"

"Sure is, bud. But you have to learn how to control them. You can't just go around freezing things and putting them on fire, understand?"

"Yeah."

"Good."

It was silent after that and all you could hear were the crunching of leaves as we stepped on them, then I noticed something. It was a tall palace like the ones you'd read in fairy tale books. It was tall and it looked like it was made of glass. The entire palace was centered around the hexagonal shape of a snowflake. A "flawless" staircase led to double doors which could open by themselves into the palace. When we entered the palace their was a huge frozen ice fountain and many people walked around the halls.

Their were people laughing and as I looked left I saw a huge room filled with food. I wanted to go in there,  but I had to wait until after I met my mother, the queen.

"Don't worry, we'll go get something to eat right now."

I looked at Ryan, and then continued admiring the ice palace.

"Here we are," Ryan opened the door and instantly I felt like I was in food heaven.

There were about a dozen people in this room. At one table their were 5 blonde tall girls with blue eyes laughing and drinking wine. The other table had 10 brunettes eating ribs, and mashed potatoes. I felt my mouth get watery.

"Come over here," Ryan pointed to the table he was sitting at. I didn't even realize he had moved!

I sat where Ryan was and their were chicken, bread, Mac and cheese, wine, soda, and regular juice all on the table. I grabbed a plate and put a huge stack of Mac and Cheese on my plate and gobbled it up in about 10 minutes.

"You must've been hungry."

I forgot Ryan was looking at me and I couldn't help but blush.

I'm not gay... so why was I blushing? I thought to myself.

I grabbed a napkin and wiped my face off.

'Riiinngg Donnngg Dinngg Donngg"

It sounded like church bells at first but I noticed everyone immediately got up and left when they heard that noise. All the laughs and chuckles went away, and now no one was smiling. They all looked serious.

"It's time," Ryan grabbed my hand and I immediately pushed his hand away.

"For what?" I asked pretending not to notice how disappointed he looked.

"To meet your parents."