Chapter 10

Ryan led me to the halls and followed where everyone else was going.

Ryan and I grabbed a seat and sat down at the table. It was silent. No one was moving. It was like everyone froze.

Then something happened, I saw someone.

The queen, my Mother.

"Ryan! Please stand up."

Ryan started stuttering, "Yes..Yes M'am," and bowed to the queen.

"I heard you have brought me my son as promised," she winked at Ryan but Ryan looked as if he'd been beaten up and if he snitched they'd kill him. I've never seen him like this. He was so... so scared.

"Yes, I have Michael Amoroso with me."

I glanced over Ryan and he was shaking as if he had a seizure, his face was pale white and I thought he was going to puke.

"Bring him up here."

Ryan looked at me still pale and I got up and followed him up the icy stairs, and I looked at the queen, my mother.

Her hair was dark brown and really long. She had the darkest green eyes I had ever seen, her eyes were mesmerizing. She was wearing a long beautiful white dress and a necklace that had an ice-skater on it.

"Son, I've been waiting for you."

"Well, here I am."

The crowd start laughing hysterically as if I said something funny.

"Yes, here you are. You look just like your father. If only he was here to see you."

"Where is he?"

"Ryan hasn't told you yet?" The queen gave Ryan in evil look. "He's in war."

"War? Nice" The crowd gave me a stare and I blushed instantly realizing how stupid that was of me to say. "I mean, I hope he's okay."

The queen gave me a small smile, "He is, he's strong."

"That's nice."

I tried looking around, it felt awkward talking like this in a huge crowd.

"I'm guessing you want this conversation to be private," I looked at her and nodded.

"Private!" she screamed, then everybody including Ryan left the room.

"How's my son?" The queen was happy to see me, she sounded very enthusiastic to meet me.

"I'm good. What's your real name? I mean you know how in books they're like 'Queen Elsa' or whatever; what's yours?"

She smiled and held my hand, "I guess they call me Queen Brenda, but you can call me mother since I am your mother."

"Hmm.. I prefer mother," I laughed and looked at my mom. "What's my fathers name?"

"His name is Royce."

"His name even sounds royal."

"He looks exactly like you. You two both have the same hair color and the same dark blue eyes. I wish he was here to see you." Her smile turned into sadness.

"It's okay, mom. I bet he's fine. Don't worry about him too much."

"I'll try not too, I'm glad you came back. I really am. It's really late. You should go to sleep. Ryan will escort you to your room," and with that Queen Brenda left.

I walked down the stairs and left the room only to find Ryan staring at me, blushing.

"Ryan, you're blushing like crazy."

Ryan's face immediately went from red to white, like his usual skin color.

Ryan walked me to my room and I immediately fell in love.

On the ceiling was the most beautiful ice chandelier, their were candles on it. The bed was big. The sheets to the bed were lovely, one side had a picture of fire while the other side had a picture of ice.

"I'm guessing she knows I'm a frozen-fire."

Ryan only nodded looking down at the floor.

I went into the bathroom only to be awed. The tub was huge, it had candles spread apart it and the shower was really roomy. Instead of having to pull a handle in order to turn on the shower all I had to really do was press a button. It was one of those showers you'd only see in the future.

"There's also clothes in the drawer, if you need anything there's a button on the side of the bed, press it and a servant will come in less than one minute."

Ryan was still looking at the floor instead of looking at me.

Then suddenly I went up to Ryan and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Ryan's cheeks went red instantly and he left the room.

I closed the door behind me and laid on my bed in shock.

I'm not gay, am I?