19. Beach Bums

Deva was relaxing on her bed listening to music when she felt someone pulling on her legs. Marcus was smiling wickedly at her. "Come on love it's time to go to the beach."

"The beach?"

"Yup. So quit wasting time and put something more revealing on."

She threw a pillow at him. "What if I don't want to go?"

"Love, don't make me use force because I swear I can't control my hands once they touch a beautiful girl's skin."

She rolled her eyes. "I don't want to go."

"Deva this is supposed to be a reward for all the dance practice you ladies have been going through for the past two days. So don't complain and just accept our generosity for even taking you out."

"Oh I feel so honored."

For two days, the Queen had forced them into practice since the ball was scheduled to a closer date. Deva had also been busying herself with other things to distract herself from bumping into Darius. She hadn't spoken to him since the night he stayed with her. It was something she wasn't ready to get into. Her relationship with Darius was too complicated and the more she avoided it the less she stressed about it.

"Alright then, force it is." He easily lifted her over his shoulder and made his way to her wide open closet. "I might even dress you."

"You wish." She smacked his butt and he placed her down. "Give me a few minutes."

"Only a few or else I'm coming back."

"Sure sure." As soon as he left she undressed and pulled on a black strappy cut one piece bathing suit. Then she threw on some shorts and a loose knit shirt to cover up as much skin as she could when going to the beach.

Walking out the door, she put on her aviator sunglasses and jumped onto Marcus' back. He lifted her up to better her position and she wrapped her legs around his torso. "I'm ready, baby boo."

"Don't call me that."

"Aww but I like it." She teased.

The princes decided to take all three of their cars. In the garage, the girls began tag naming who they were going to ride with.

Deva was still on Marcus' back. "Shot gun Marcus' car."

Julia gave her a glare. "Fine. Shoty on Marcus' car when we come back."

Marcus' chuckled. "I love the sound of women fighting over me."

The car ride there was short and pleasant. The beach looked like a dream of perfection. Deva couldn't believe a place like that existed. The sand was white and the water was so blue and clear it was hard to believe it was an ocean.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Darius whispered in her ear.

"Breathtaking."

She walked forward and the warm white sand between her toes felt like a cloud. The water was a gorgeous blue and the waves hitting the bank back and forth were calming.

"Come on baby boo. I promise it's much better up close." Marcus took her hand and led her to the water.

Two of the girls were setting up blankets while the other two were taking off their over clothes to tan in the sun. Deva took her escape and started wondering the beach on her own little adventure. The breezy air was exactly what she needed.

She spotted a figure a small distance from her but as he approached her vision saw his face. Max was coming her way. "What are you doing here?" She asked.