21. Comforting Times

Deva remembered going to sleep at a reasonable time, but figured her muscles were too sore for her to get up and start a new day. When Amy came in with breakfast/lunch at about noon, she announced that the princes were requesting all the girls' presence in the study room.

Deva lazily got up and yawned. Her stomach cramped, and she blamed the stupid corset for caging her in. Throwing on whatever was in first sight in her closet Deva walked out of her room with a biscuit in her hand.

Like usual everyone was already in the study room basically waiting for her. She just waltzed right in and went for the comfy couch, throwing herself on it and closing her eyes.

"Good morning sleeping beauty," she heard a chipper prince call to her.

"Sleepy is right. I'm too exhausted to even stand."

"Would you like me to hold you up love? I promise my arms are more comfy than that couch."

She could picture the grin on Marcus' face. Was it him last night? She had to wonder. Deva stretched out her arms like a baby and challenged him. "I'll be the judge of that."

Marcus was instantly by her side, lifting her body easily in his strong arms. He held her bridal style and very close to his chest. Deva snuggled her head in the crook of his neck, not caring if the room was filled with envious girls.

"Comfy?" He asked.

Her eyes were still closed. "It's tolerable."

"Shall we begin?" She heard a rather impatient and annoyed low voice ask. Deva opened her eyes to see Lucian looking her way with narrowed eyes towards his brother.

"By all means my prince," she replied sweetly hoping it would calm some of his nerves.

He turned to the other girls, not even bothering to glance at her. "My brothers and I are here to announce that we will be absent for a few days. Our presence is needed elsewhere in our kingdom. So you will not be seeing us much this week."

A few sad 'awww's were said from the girls.

"We promise not to stay longer than necessary."

"How big is your kingdom?" Julia asked.

"It's bigger than Europe and Africa combined." Darius replied.

"That's a lot of vampires," Deva whispered in Marcus' shoulder.

"To keep yourselves occupied our mother has suggested a talent show for you all to have when we return. This will give you enough practice for whatever talents you have without us here to interrupt you." Lucian tried to gain back their attention.

"No, Red; applying too much make up does not count as talent." Deva couldn't resist adding. The other girls started to laugh while Red just glared at her.

"At least I have a talent," Red said as she twirled her hair through her fingers.

Deva raised her hand and pointed to Red. "Off with her head!".

 Julia and Evie were loud with laughter while Marcus' chuckles rocked Deva back and forth.

"Deva," Lucian called.

"What? I'm just trying to save us some future trouble."

He shook his head but she could see the hint of agreement in his eyes. "Well ladies any questions and concerns before we leave you all?"

"When do you leave?" Deana asked.

"In an hour."

The girls stood silent, and Darius ended their meeting. "We will miss you all, and we can't wait to see what talented performances you will present us with when we get back."