23. Struggles of the Heart

Deva felt completely drained yet stress-free the next morning. She didn't care about the talent show or worrying herself over it. Did any of it really matter at this point? She promised herself she would go out there and just play what she liked and knew best. Impressing the princes just didn't appeal to her. Either they liked her, or they didn't. They should know by now if they did or not. She was sure a little talent show wouldn't alter their feelings for her, especially since they were intending on keeping her there for a long time.

Deva rummaged through her closet trying to find an outfit to wear and spotted something shiny and silky towards the back. She pulled on it and a beautiful royal blue dress with a low back cut was in her hands. She was never the type to dress up, but the dress was really tempting. If people were going to stare at her, they might as well have something worth staring at.

So she stood carefree facing her mirror taking in her attire of enchanting silk. The dress fit her like a perfect glove and the lower back was definitely more risky than she was used to.

Deva heard her door open and saw Julia walking in wearing a beautiful flowing green dress.

"You look stunning Juls."

"Thanks." Julia bit her lip.

Deva immediately noticed her anxiety. "Don't stress Juls. You'll do great. So what are you going to do to impress the princes?" She smirked and added, "Flash them?"

Julia rolled her eyes. "I'm sure I'd win then, but I want to keep my dignity intact."

"Aw that never stopped you before."

Julia threw her a pillow from the couch which only made Deva laugh. "I was just kidding, but no really what are you doing?"

"I'm going to be dancing."

Julia used to dance ballet as a little girl, and it flourished into a more modern twist as she grew older and added new styles of dance to her resume.

"Ahhh I love when you dance." Deva went forward and grabbed her hands. "What were those salsa moves again?"

Deva was always a little jealous of Julia's dance moves but then again what girl wouldn't be. No guy or audience could resist Julia when she was dancing. Her swift elegant movements had a way of capturing the people who were lucky enough to witness it.

They were swaying side to side and twirling each other for the fun of it. It was a good way of distracting themselves from the real performance. Soon they forgot all about the talent show and their laughter echoed throughout the room.

"You're getting better," Julia commented.

Deva took the lead and ended their dance by dipping Julia carefully. "Am I?" She lowered her voice to try imitating the princes.

Julia nodded and giggled at the same time.

Deva replicated the famous princes' smirk. "Maybe it's because I have the most amazing dance partner I could ever ask for." Her British accent was not half bad either. "Julia I just want you to know you're the queen of my dream."

Julia decided to play along. "Oh prince you flatter me so. You know you're the only one I think about."

"I'm only gone a few days and already you've found another," Marcus burst in through the doors.

Julia dramatically covered her mouth as if she was caught in some act of true betrayal. Deva stepped in front of her, guarding her from Marcus.

"You have lost her forever. She is mine," Deva did her best not to laugh. "Stand back you feign."