Chapter Seventy-Three

Date Written: November 9, 2017

************************************************************

*Ducleus' POV*

    Tremendous fear gripped me hard as I watch Lucia's eyes turned back to her eerie whites before going back to normal, and instead of seeing a smile on her face; it holds worry and terror that I could even feel her shift of aura.

    Deep inside my gut, I know something is gonna happen. Something bad and with the sudden drop of temperature, I know it means something...a bad omen.

    "What happened?" Zach's deep voice has us snapping out of our trances. Somehow, the vibration and the deepness of his voice has my body shaking in an unknown way. I could already detect how his dark side and himself have already clicked together in place, both are intact in the surface. It's a miracle how Zach manages to keep the dark side at bay when he's already in the zone. All dominants who have taken the step immediately become a beast but him? He didn't and he still has his humanity intact...but for how long?

    Looking at Lucia, I can tell she is thinking the same thing I am thinking. But I do agree with her...

    Zach is far stronger than we think.

    "You took a step into the Half-Dead Zone, Zach." Thea informed her son with sadness and worry in her tone. Something flashes in Zach's eyes in a split second before his facial expression turned stoic.

    "I could tell." was his reply as he slowly stood up. His eyes hold that hard look on them, like he's thinking something violent, and for a moment, I thought it's his other side tempting him to cause chaos. It didn't also help how eerie his slightly reddish eyes are.

    "What I was meaning is what happened that caused me to...take that step." he asked as his eyes connected with Lucia.

    A startled look overtook her features as she took a step back with her body shaking and her scent being mixed with fear.

    "Zach..." Thea called out as I took a step in front of Lucia, just a precaution if ever he attacks her. I can't let that happen.

    "She's a witch." he sneered in disgust and pure hatred that has us stumbling back with the intensity of it. I could feel him bristling and the air around him is turning darker and darker by the second.

    "Zach you have to calm down. She's a friend remember? She helped you when you were young and she also helped me. She is also helping us now." Thea stood in front of Zach with her hands in a surrendering motion to not ruffle the beast up any further.

    "How do I know she is nothing like her?" He spat as he squares himself with a bared fang towards Lucia. I feel myself bristling towards him, a deep seeded instinct urging me forward to protect Lucia.

    That caught me off guard momentarily. I never had this urge over someone before, let alone someone I'm not close to. But with the way I react towards her, how I feel this little attraction towards her, and how my instinct is protecting her against someone important to me...is something that leads to one conclusion.

    It can't be.

    "Zach...who are you talking about?" Thea asked as she looked at Antonio with a questioning look.

    "The bitch you said, Thea." Lucia spoke softly as everyone turned to her. "The bitch that molested him is a witch although he couldn't tell for certain. His other side know her aura and probably that aura matches mine that made him think she's also a witch."