Chapter Seventy-Eight

Date Written: December 22, 2017

************************************************************

*Zach's POV*

    My body slumped on the floor with a heavy thud. A sob came out as I grip my head in my hands. My body shook as I tried to reign in the grief I'm feeling.

    "Zach..." I remember her saying my name. I could see her intense longing and sadness in her eyes. If I thought that my heart had disappeared before, it surely didn't for I feel it breaking again into millions and millions of pieces.

    I wanted to hug her, tell her I still love her and that I want her back. I want to hold her and never let her go. I want to do anything I could to make her stay the same dominant I knew and not the half-dead one.

    I just wish I would've hold on back then. I wish I didn't leave her back at the gathering. I wish I would've just stayed. I wish I didn't decide to leave her in order to protect her from me. But now...look what it got us. Instead of protecting her, our case became worse and now our future is very unclear.

    I thought if I leave her; let her go, she would find someone more deserving of her. Someone who doesn't have to be stuck with a messed up man like me. Someone who can make her happy and love her unconditionally... But no.

    No matter how we wish to stay away, Fate will always make us a pawn into his stupid game.