Chapter Seventy-Nine

Date Written: December 24, 2017

    AN: Begin your countdown guys. Things are going down soon and the book is ending. Is it bad to actually be more ecstatic in writing the fourth book than the third? *snickers to self* Sorrey...I'm kind of hooked up on our mini Zach and I can't wait! Like, literally! Anyways, do you guys want the third book to be a bit more steamy and less chaotic?

    Tell me what you think ;)

************************************************************

*Fernando's POV*

    Grief is fatal. It is something that should not be reckoned with. It leaves you with a shattered heart, a ripped soul, a dying body, a clouded mind, and an unfilled void deep in your core. It makes you feel like life itself has been sipped out from you, not leaving even a grain of light but an eternal darkness that slowly suffocates you until you go insane. It makes you shut yourself out, become only a shell of the person you once were. No more smiles, no more laughters, no more comfort, no more happiness...just a stuck-up force of unending loss.

    I feel like every purpose, every aim, and every dream were crushed the moment I found out the truth. How sick it is for her to stoop that low! I can't think of any reason as to why she did it. Even the most insane person could never hurt her child the way she did.

    How could she even cheat on me even after all the sacrifice we did just to keep our love? We even sacrificed our daughter, OUR DAUGHTER!, just to be with each other. Can't she see all the pain we've caused her? Is she blind of how hard it is for us to watch her grow isolated and unloved? Doesn't she realize how much of a sin we've committed just by turning our backs to her?

    And she even has the audacity to cheat on me?!

    I could disregard her unfaithfulness towards me, but what I can't disregard is how much our daughter suffered just for our love. All this time, it was such a waste!

    And now, there's a very high possibility that I won't be able to live long enough to make it up to her, to make her feel all those bottled up love I have for my daughter. And now, I don't think she'll be conscious enough to even recognize me as her father now that she turned into a monster father had seen in his nightmares.

    The most painful thing is, not only did I lost my wife because of her sin, my daughter because of what she turned out to be, but also my son who is probably murdered in his sleep while his sister was not in the right mind.

    I just hope he's not the one who died though. Who knows, some idiot decided to see what the commotion is all about and had come across Alexandrielle. It's not bad to even hope, right? After all this shit, hope is driving us forward. But...what if I'm wrong?

    No, it can't be.

    Walking towards what's left of the kitchen, I ignored all the debrises that cut through the exposed skin of my feet that resulted from my shoes that got spoiled during the turmoils. I could smell my blood in the air as I welcomed the pain.

    It might be brief and just a little sting but at this moment, I'm grateful for it since it could at least redirect my mind off the possibility that I lost everything.

    Arriving at what I think that used to be the living room, the smell of the combining essence of Zach and Alexandrielle is potent in the air. At least they shared a lasting memory together before everything went down.

    "How is he?" Antonio immediately asked as I came towards the destroyed kitchen. I have to move out now since nothing can be salvaged from what used to be my home.