Chapter Fourteen

BLAKE'S POV

"Alpha" He said as he stood to greet me. "Where have you been? I had been trying to contact you for weeks! Your work has been done each and everyday so I know you've been in here, Blake I've been worried, did you have a fight with your mate or something?"

I stood frozen, my work has been done everyday? How is that possible no one is even allowed on my floor. "I haven't even been conscious in a month from what I've gathered. Does no one know about that?"

He shook his head in confusion "no wonder I haven't been able to contact you!" I rolled my eyes and sat in my chair, man is it great to be back! My chair seemed even more comfortable then before!

"So what happened? Why were you out for so long?" He asked quickly "wait did you complete the mating process? Was it really that intense that you weren't even conscious for a month?"

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, only he could come up with that. "No Alex I didn't complete it. I wish but no." I slumped back in my seat as I remembered what I had done to my mate.

I hurt her and that is unforgivable. I can't believe I lost control I'd worked so hard to get over my monster inside.  "You OK man? You got all upset all the sudden. " I nodded, I didn't want to drag him into my problems.

I turned my wrist slowly and gently traced along my slit. "How doesn't she hate me after what I did to her?" I muttered. I poked my arm a couple inches above where my slit was and felt the familiar sensation of burning flesh. My blade is silver. Her wounds will take longer to heal because of it.

Suddenly the door burst open to reveal a very worried, very much completely healed Lillian. How is she already healed? If it were a normal steel blade I would get it but it was silver. She shouldn't be healed already.

"Lillian, how did-?" I couldn't even finish my sentence before she was in my arms. The fiery tingles danced along my skin, they felt so wrong and yet so right at the same time. I wanted to complete the mating process, to make her completely mine for now and all of forever.

I shouldn't be thinking like this, I hurt her. I cut her with my blade there is no excuse.

A small kiss on my cheek broke me out of my thoughts. "You should be resting instead of in here." I cracked a forced smile. I have to pretend like everything is alright even though its not.

She doesn't have to know it's not alright.

I kissed her forehead and carried her to her room again. I could feel her soft breaths on my skin making me shiver in delight. I groaned as my 'little buddy' decided to make an appearance.

I put her gently on her bed and turned to leave. I felt kinda bad that I was leaving her alone but at the same time I felt like I was protecting her from a horrible monster, myself.

I didn't want to leave but I forced myself out the door and into my room to think. I knew I wouldn't be able to get any sleep so I didn't even bother trying.

I am now the monster I hoped I would never be.