Pop Quiz (Aaron Burr x Reader)

Suggested by Jil_is_not_here

***

You shoved your textbooks in your bag once you heard the loud noise of the school bell. Washington, your homeroom teacher, groaned and placed down his whiteboard marker.

"Tomorrow, we'll have a pop quiz about history. So y'all nutheads better hit the library,"

Yeah, George can get a little mad at times...

"Hey, (Y/n)!" You grabbed your bag, looking at the source to see Alex waving at you along with John, Lafayette and Hercules. All of the students already walked outside.

You grinned and ran to them, giving Alex a big hug. Alex dragged you with them outside the room, leading you to God knows where.

"So, where're you guys headin' to?" You asked. Alex shrugged and looked at John, his rumored boyfriend.

John thought for a while before answering, "What about the cafeteria? It is pizza Thursday."

Lafayette smiled and squealed, "Oh my god! I love Pizza Thursday!"

Hercules chuckled while nodding, "Well, I am kinda hungry," You playfully frowned at Alex, cocking a brow.

"What about our Pop Quiz? Washington's gonna get mad once we fail." You said. Alex glanced at his friends who looked slightly uncomfortable, stopping on your way to the Cafeteria.

"Uhm Alex, Mon ami. I don't think we should go there," Laf chimed. They all agreed except you. This made you even more confused.

"Is something wrong with the library?"

"Well, not exactly. It's just that Burr stays there all the time," John stated, wrapping an arm around Alex. "And when I mean by all the time, I mean like all the time."

"What's wrong? It's just Aaron." You laughed, slightly nudging Alex.

"We had a fight a few days ago, remember?" Alex crossed his arms like some kind of mean girl. (HEATHER-) You shrugged, shoving your hands into the pockets of your jacket.

"Well, if you say so. It's not my fault if you get an F tomorrow." You joked. Alex rolled his eyes, nudged your arm and walked with the rest of his friends, saying your goodbyes to each other.

***

You really, really wanted to make friends with Aaron ever since you saw him. He seemed pretty friendly. Why would a lot of people hate him?

The door of the library swung open and you went inside. The room was pretty big. And quiet.

"Woah," You gasped, looking around the room, seeing plenty of book with different genres.

You went into a random isle, looking for any books about History. On your way, you accidentally bumped into someone making you fall and your butt hitting the floor. You were too amazed by the number of books around you.

"Ow.." You winced in pain, slowly standing up. "Oh no, I'm so sorry!" You gasped once you saw the tall figure sitting on the floor, scrambling to look for his glasses.

"BURR!" You practically yelled his name. Everyone in the library immediately looked at you, putting their index finger on their lips and let out loud, "SSHHH!"

"Oh, sorry.." You whispered. Burr somehow found his glasses, adjusting them, his vision going back to normal. You helped him up and grabbed a few of his notebooks that fell.

"(Y/n)?" Burr asked. You frantically nodded your head, handing him his stuff. "What brings you here? And where's Alex?"

You sighed and walked with him, "Well, he and the squad didn't want with me." Aaron raised an eyebrow at you. "What why?"