I Think My Father Wants Me To Be A Therapist

I walked into the living room and plopped myself down on one of the chairs. My legs were placed neatly, but casually informs of me, and my hands settled down neatly in my lap. I leaned forward slightly, as if to show I was curious as to why Hades, god of the Underworld, was here. They both looked at me.

"Percy said you wanted me," I stated.

"Yes," Chiron said, "Lord Hades here has something to ask of you," he said formally, gesturing to my father.

"Yes," Hades said, "I have a quest for you."

I groaned. Another one? I didn't voice my protests, though because curiosity got the best of me.

"Why didn't you just summon me?" I asked quizzically.

"Hecate was the one to suggest it. It actually isn't a quest from me. It's for Hecate and her 'pet' world. She thought you would be good for it."

"I'm guessing there is no backing out of this," I muttered. Hades nodded, "Okay, what is it? What's the quest?"

"So, you see, son, Hecate gave four mortals the ability to use magic, but through magic sticks instead. They soon after made a magical school to teach young witches and wizards to use magic, called Hogwarts."

I snorted, "I'm guessing there is also one called Pigfarts and Duckpimples?" Hades just rolled his eyes at my comment. "What?!" I asked incredulously. "It was a serious question!"

Chiron looked baffled at our relationship. The half-horse had his brows furrowed and his lips were pursed in confusion and utter disbelief. He probably didn't have that with his godly dad. They are probably are really serious when they talk together, much different from Hades and I. Oh- Oh, wait! His father is Kronos! Yeaaah.... no. Definitely not our type of relationship from after the war.

Mr. Lord of the Dead continued on with his explanation, "Centuries gone by and the story of how they got there magical powers twisted and turned until Hecate was out of the picture. Now Hogwarts and many other institutes around the world are basically Hecate's pet world."

  "So, there are two schools called Pigfarts and Duckpimples?" I said, holding back a sarcastic comment at how he is just great at story telling.

  Hades glared at me, "This is a serious matter, Nico! Plus, if you insult Hecate's world one more time, she will probably turn you into a rat." I just shrugged and leaned back into the couch. Hades continued on with his speech, an annoyed tone now underlining his words; I'd just like to say, that it's my pleasure to annoy the Shist out of you, father. "Anyways, they had a war a couple of months ago and, because you have gone through a lot, we thought that you would be good to help them out."

  "Help them out....?" I said, inviting him to elaborate. My head cocked to the side, like I do, which Will points out many times (and still does), when I'm confused.

  "Well," Chiron supplied, "I think, if I understood this correctly, Lord Hades and Lady Hecate will want you there as a professor to help the students with their education and the people who are grieving there loses."

  I paused for a second then said, "Sooo," I trailed off, "I'm teaching a bunch of kids magic, which I don't know anything about, then I'm basically being a therapist and helping them with their loses? Are you sure I don't need a Therapeutic diploma or something? Because that's what I think you're getting at here."