Old Chapter [still in its draft stages]

Hello! This isn't anything very important or anything, but I have a draft of the next chapter that will never be officially published and never be finished by me, and I want to post it so it doesn't accidentally get deleted. Here it is! Read it if you'd like, but beware: it's not edited and I wrote this months ago.

. . .

  You know those times when you wish you could take something back? Whether it be an object, an action you did, or something you said. Everyone has felt that way before. I'm almost a hundred percent sure. Maybe it is because you had just experienced an embarrassing moment, or you said or did something mean to another person that wasn't true. Well, I'm having that crisis right now.

  But, instead of being able to correct it right away — which only happens sometimes —, I couldn't. Why? Because whenever I get nervous, especially in social situations, I start to ramble. And ramble. And ramble. Until I'm all rambled out, or the other person stops me, or I notice that I'm doing it and stop. And you know what? It sucks. It's a big pain in my butt.

  Usually, I only really ramble when I'm with Will on an important date or something, or if I'm out in public and I bump into someone. But, in those times, I'm always with one of friends. Whether it be Percy placing a hand on my shoulder or Will placing a kiss to my lips to shut me up. But, as of right now, I'm with an offended woman I just met and managed to offend in the few minutes I was talking to her, and a tired and sweet deprived Pegasus that will do nothing to help my current situation. Why does Percy even keep this animal? Oh, right! He needs someone to relate to.

  So, because of my bad social skills, I start to ramble, and ramble, and ramble.

  I put my hands up in front of me as a cautious(?) gesture. "N-no, no, no. That's not what I meant by that. Well, I didn't really say anything but y'know what I mean!! I think. But what I meant was— well, I think I meant- no, wait. I definitely meant that I just have bad memories and-and events that happened with werewolves. It-it doesn't really have anything to do with them. Well, it does. But I'm sure that the wolves- I-I mean werewolves here are different from the werewolves over there. I mean, there's and ocean separating North America from Europe, so there's got to be a difference, right? I mean- there has to be a difference. I-in the U.S, well, I was in Portugal at the time, the werewolves are werewolves all the time. But, that must not be true here because he got a job at a school, so it might just be the normal m-mortal myths you're going by. I-I didn't mean to off-" my rambling was cut short (and right when I was trying to apologize, thank you very much) when Blackjack swatted me with his wing. It was probably getting too much for the annoying horse to handle. Though, because he's so annoying, I thought that Blackjack might've been able to handle a little annoyingness, but I guess not. At least he was here to stop me from rambling, and thank the gods it wasn't with a kiss, or Will wouldn't be to pleased. Wait, forget Will, I wouldn't be to pleased.

  "Ow!" I exclaimed in a reaction to the Pegasus hitting me with it's very hard wing. It hurt like Hades, let me tell you. I turned around to see that the winged-horse had walked up behind me, right to the side, and prepared for this dreadful attack on my head perfectly. Curse you, Blackjack!

  The Pegasus neighed teasingly at me and stomped his hoof. I just scowled at the creature. Why is he so mean to me?

I turned back to McGonagall to see her staring out in front of her, probably paying attention but not really caring about the situation and my awkward rambling. But, she probably does care about my unintentional body movement and seemingly offending thing I did, so instead of keeping in pace with her like I was doing, I opted to slow my pace down a little to give the Headmistress some space. Now that I was walking a few steps behind the professor, I was walking in alignment with Blackjack. Just great.

  Luckily, throughout the rest of the journey (which was luckily not that long), Blackjack kept to himself a lot, meaning that I could wallow in self-pity a lot more easily. Not that I was, of course. Things like this happen to me all the time. Sort of. Usually, I have someone with me to back me up when I try to apologise for whatever I may have down, which that is different now. Now, I have Blackjack, a winged horse that even if he somehow actually wants to help me, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to understand. So, yes, maybe I am wallowing in self-pity just a little bit.

  As we neared our destination, the castle I saw earlier started to peek through the twist and turns of the path we were walking along. McGonagall turned to look at me a couple of times, as is she wanted to check to see if I wasn't saying racist comments under my breath or muttering offensive nothings about the LGBT+ community.

Like I would do that! I thought.

There was a sour expression on her face every time she remembered what I had done earlier, but even that couldn't mask the amazingness of the ginormous structure in front of us as we turned through the last turn and onto a dirt path leading up to a pair of gates that lead to a long path towards the school. I'm no Annabeth (who was studying architecture in the University of New Rome), but I can sure tell that this must have taken a lot of work.

  At the left side of the castle, a sloped hill lead to a huge lake that I swore I saw a tentacle come out of, but when I looked again, it was gone, so I guess it was just a figment of my imagination. Plus, it was too dark to actually know if it was just a weird movement or an actual tentacle. To the right side of the school I could see that in the distance was a shaggy, old hut-like thing and an extensive and eerie-looking forest. I might be able to train in there, I thought to myself once I saw it.

  It took a few moments to compose myself from the wonderful sight, and from what I could tell when I looked back at Blackjack once I started walking again, it took him a couple more seconds then me to compose himself as well. McGonagall, Blackjack and I walked to the hut I mentioned earlier in almost complete silence, save the quiet CLIP! CLOP! of Blackjack's hooves and the crickets chirping in the near by forest.

. . .

[Posted: 19 / 02 / 27]