Chapter 1

The sunset fired a beam of orange light which hit the Central Mountains where the city of Hollowcliff was housed. The Flohr lake at the foothill reflected the setting sun in the west. The breeze was blowing, giving a cool down to what was  once a hot day.

Along the circumference of the Flohr, sat two teenagers - a girl with jet black hair and a blonde boy with blue eyes. They seem to be staring out to the western horizon watching as the sun slowly sets.

"It's getting late, Kale," the girl said. "We should be getting back. "She stood up from her sitting position.

The blonde boy did the same. "Race you home?"

The girl smirked at him. "If that's your wish."

They both bent their bodies down in a starting position. "Go!" Kale gave the signal.

The both of them ran towards Hollowcliff in the mountain. Eventually, the girl ran past her companion when he was running as fast as he can. By the time they reached their finish line, Kale was gasping for air, while his friend barely broke a sweat.

Kale went up the stairs which led him to the entrance of the city. When he was standing right before the entrance, his friend showed up climbing the walls of the mountain. "How are you doing that, Miranda?" He longed to ask that question.

Miranda was after all, his childhood friend, and one of his closest. For reasons he can't explain, she somehow possesses superhuman strength, speed and stamina. He tried asking her about it but she refused to answer. Supposed no one knows who Miranda was. Only that she was born to a woman without a husband. And as a child, she was trained in combat along with other  forms of physical training.

"I have my ways, Kale,"she replied. "You've asked that a lot. Anyways, I'll be going." As she entered Hollowcliff, a new world opened before her.

Houses were on the inner walls of the mountain. Right in the centre of it all flowed a canal that originated from a waterfall at the far end of the cave. A bridge was built over the canal to connect the two sides. They have already lit the lamps which stood on the side of the roads with fires to face the coming darkness of the night. Some had also escaped from the windows of the inhabited places.

Miranda parkoured her way to her home. Jumping here and there, climbing on vertical sides, and wall mounting to avoid bumping onto people.

She came in to her house and closed the door behind her. "Mother, I'm home."

Her mother came out of the kitchen carrying a plate of steak on each hand. She placed them on the dining table where Miranda sat opposite her.

Miranda dug into her dinner with a hearty appetite. All those running and parkouring took up a lot of energy for humans. But Miranda, she was not just human.

"Tomorrow's the day," her mother said.

Miranda looked to her in surprise. "Really?"

"You have to fulfill your destiny. Once you're done, prepare your belongings and get some rest. You leave tomorrow at dawn."

Miranda's been told about that day. A day she's been waiting her entire life for. The day she's been preparing for a long time. Yet she never realized that time went by so quickly. She was rather scared of what's to come. Will she survive?

After dinner, she did what she was told to - prepared for the coming day and headed to bed.

*************
Did you enjoy the story so far? Nothing interesting here yet, but in the next chapter, things are starting to rise up as the story continues. If you enjoy this chapter don't forget to vote, comment about your opinion and I'll write you the next chapter shortly.

-Zyrofern