Chapter 11

Miranda woke up the next morning feeling ready to go home despite already being comfortable in the Netherworld. She wondered how her mother and Kale were doing. The thought of that led to the possibility of Hollowcliff being destroyed serving as a battleground for warring seraphims and demons.

She got ready and belted her new sword on her waist and went to the dining room where Xanun and Jynera were having breakfast.

"Good morning," she said. "Would you mind if I join you?" Regardless, she was still going to do it anyways.

"Sure we wouldn't mind," Jynera said kindly. "I'll go get you your breakfast." She left the table and fetched Miranda her breakfast.

Miranda walked to the table and received her first meal of the day from Jynera. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," she replied and sat on the opposite side of Xanun.

They ate their food quietly without uttering a word. "I'll be leaving today," Miranda said, breaking the silence of breakfast. She's certain that Xanun will be pleased to have her gone after having to watch over her for the past few weeks. But she starts to doubt it the second it was thought. "Why don't you come and stay with me for a while in exchange for my stay here?"

"I would love to see your world, Miranda." Jynera was the first to answer, seeming eager to visit the Overworld.

"I'll come as well," Xanun said. The girls' eyes flew to him. "You're going to need someone to look after you in case you come by a seraphim."

After breakfast was done, Xanun and Jynera prepared themselves for the trip to the Overworld. They met Miranda outside of the castle wearing black cloaks with hoods covering their heads.

"Go on Miranda," Xanun said. "Open the portal."

Miranda's turn came to open the portal just as Xanun did to welcome her to the Netherealm. She stretched her right hand forward and a green fire appeared burning on it. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and visualized where she wanted the portal to open. She pictured the Central Mountains along with Flohr lake. The green fire rushed itself forward and opened a portal just a few feet away.

"Be my guest," Miranda said, letting them go first.

Of course, Xanun, being a gentleman, let Jynera go before him. Once he and Miranda got through, the portal closed behind them.

Before them the Central Mountains stood high and big in size, and Miranda's portal took them right before the entrance to Hollowcliff.

"Shall we?" Miranda asked, welcoming her guests to her city.

Once they entered the city, Jynera looked at the architecture in awe. Nothing she had seen in the Netherealm had come close to what she's seeing right now. "Who on the Overworld built this place?" Jynera asked, her tone revealing an impressed feeling.

"No one knew," Miranda answered. "And no one ever cared."

The crowd was busy minding their own business that they didn't seem to notice Miranda and her two companions. All except one - Kale.

"Miranda!" he called, spotting them from afar.

Miranda looked to her caller. "Kale!" She ran towards her friend and they embraced one another. "I've missed you."

Kale, who was looking behind her saw her two guests. "Who are your friends, Miranda?" He let go of her.

She wanted to introduce them on the spot, but she thought that it would be better to do it in a private place. "Why don't we go to my house and I'll explain everything."

The four went to Miranda's house being led by her. She knocked on the door, then after a few seconds, her mother came to open it and hugged her on sight. Miranda welcomed her three visitors in.

"Alright, Kale," she began. "This is Xanun and Jynera. Xanun here was my mentor and Jynera's his... friend." She didn't want to mention that Jynera was his love, though, she's not even sure if they're really going out.

"A pleasure to meet you." Kale let out his hand to shake Xanun's. Xanun shook it in a friendly manner. He did the same with Jynera.

"Who's hungry?" Miranda's mother came bringing food from the pantry. They all ate dinner while laughing at the stories they shared. Once they were done, Kale said his goodbyes and went back to his house.

"Is there an inn where we can stay for the night?" Xanun asked.

Despite Miranda's will of them staying the night, there wasn't enough rooms since the house only two had bedrooms which were hers and her mother's. "There is one." She led them to their destination and left them once they arrived. She went back to her house soon after. But just as she was about to enter through her door, she heard a man's voice talking to her mother inside.

"Thank you, Perdita." His voice sounds familiar to Miranda's ears and to verify that it was him, she entered. Except there was no one there but her mother.

"Who were you talking to?" Miranda asked.

"Atlas. I just informed him that you have returned safely from the training trip. He said you will begin training with the seraphim very soon. Now get a good night's sleep. Tommorow, he'll meet you in Ivydown," she said.

"Good night, mother." Miranda went up to her bedroom and and laid herself to rest.

******************

So yeah, Atlas. Who is this guy? Find out next time😊. If you happened to have enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote and leave a comment on your opinion. Zyrofern out.