Chapter 12

The sun was on the rise when Miranda woke up. She looked out her window to the sunshine mirrored by the lake. She went down to have breakfast with her mother and packed up for her journey to Ivydown, where she'll meet up with Atlas.

She went out of her doorstep and saw Jynera squatting next to the canal, dragging her index finger across the body of water. Curious, Miranda approached the cloaked figure.

"What are you doing Jynera?" Miranda asked.

Jynera looked upon her. "Oh, I was just admiring this mirror fluid. Its beautiful really. We rarely find them in the Nether."

"They're called water, Jynera," Miranda explained, not wanting her friend to look like a complete fool. "We use it for a lot of things, like washing our clothes, taking a bath, and most importantly, drinking."

"I never knew they had so much uses. Where are you going?" Jynera asked, noticing the way she dressed.

If Miranda were to tell her where she was going, she would want Jynera to come along. On the other hand however, it would be unethical to turn down her request when she had personally invited her to the Overworld. "I'm going to Ivydown, to meet a friend."

"Would it be alright if I come with you?" Her guess wasn't wrong after all, she asked Miranda to take her to wherever she was going.

"Why not?" She said welcomingly, though she hid her true feelings.

"Very well, I'll go get Xanun. Why don't you ask that friend of yours? Kale... that is his name, right?"

"Kale is busy right now." Having Jynera and Xanun come with her was bad enough, she didn't want another person in her company.

"Very well, I will go and get Xanun." She left for the inn.

Miranda waited outside of Hollowcliff for her two, unexpected companions.

"We're here." Miranda turned back to see Jynera with Xanun in the black cloaks they wore the day before.

"Let's go," Miranda said, taking the lead.

******************

What that was a short chapter. Sorry about that. Anyways, as usual, if you enjoy this chapter don't forget to vote and leave a comment 😊

-Zyrofern