Chapter 15

Xanun began to worry about Jynera. Her right hand was covering a bloody wound in her chest and she touched Xanun's cheek with the other.

"Xanun," she said in a faint voice, looking deeply into his eyes. She lifted her hand covering her wound and pulled out the bullet that caused it. She looked back at Xanun who began to shed tears.

"Jynera don't leave me," Xanun begged. "Please don't leave me."

She sighed. "Xanathun, you've always been my greatest friend. Remember the day when we first met? You renounced your ties with all those other demons just so you can befriend me. You gave me company in a world that deserted me. I couldn't ask for more of you." Xanun began to cry harder.

Her hand reached down to grab her sheathed knife on her thigh. "Take this, Xanun." Xanun grabbed the blade by the handle. She reached down her other thigh to grab its twin. "You too, Miranda." Miranda accepted her gift although she did it hesitantly.

"I never thought that I would meet one such as you both." She withdrew her final breathe and closed her eyes for eternity.

"Jynera?" Xanun said, barely holding back his tears. "Jynera?" She meant the world to him and now she's gone just like that. He can no longer hold his emotions and just let it all out.

He carried her in his arms to a hilltop and there, he lifted the earth in a perfect rectangle and hollowed out its insides. He placed Jynera in the stone coffin and sealed it shut.

"I'm sorry, Xanun," Miranda said, standing behind him. "I knew her for only a moment and I can feel how good of a woman she is."

Xanun ran his hand on Jynera's coffin. "It's best I leave before I draw more seraphim and destruction to your world." He plunged his sword into the ground then opened the portal and stepped inside it. He looked back one more time at Miranda. "Goodbye, Miranda." He closed the portal.

"Goodbye, Xanun," she murmured. She stood there for a moment until Atlas showed up.

"Ready to leave for the seraphim world?" he asked.

Miranda grabbed Xanun's sword and sheathed it. "Ready."

******************

RIP Jynera, a friend, lover and a warrior. What do you guys think of her as a character? Let me know in the comments and as usual, don't forget to vote.
-Zyrofern