Two-No, I Pulled You Down To Sit On This Bench To Make Out With You

Two-‘No, I Pulled You Down To Sit On This Bench To Make Out With You’

A pillow is hurled at my head.

“Get up, your dad says you need to work the bakery today.”

My eyes snap open. My heart flutters with happiness, but it dies out just as quickly as it came. I forgot how Mike was a total rock-star, and that we’re not friends anymore. “Tell him I’ll be right there.”

I sit up, eyes closed as I yawn loudly. My pin-straight brown hair is slightly knotted. Hey, that’s what happens after a night full of a sleepless slumber. I flip the covers off of me to reveal my tank top and grey shorts. I trudge over to my dresser, blindly picking out clothes and throw them onto my bed. Because I took a shower last night, I start taking off my pajamas.

Then shriek.

I quickly pull my top back over me. I didn’t take it off all the way, it only went up to my stomach. Mike, the pervert, is still standing in my doorway. He’s not gawking at me like normal boys would do, no. He’s simply observing me with a curious glint to his eyes. 

I raise my eyebrows, gulping down the blush that threatens to spill onto my cheeks. “Can I help you with something?”

A smile tints his face. “No. You can go back,” He motions with his hand, “go back to doing whatever you were doing. Just pretend I’m not even here.”

“Trust me, it’s harder than it looks,” I mutter under my breath, walking over to him and shoving him out the door. “Good riddance.”

His amused voice lingers down the hallway, “I heard that.”

“You were suppose to!”

I don’t hear his voice anymore, so I get dressed in my jean shorts, tank top, beanie hat, and flip flops. I hoist my shoulder bag onto my shoulder and head towards the kitchen. My dad and Mike are sitting there when I arrive. My dad’s reading the newspaper while Mike is texting away on his phone.

I swipe a piece of toast from the table, sending my dad a grin. “See you later.”

I walk towards the exit of our apartment, praying he wouldn’t remember. Right when I reach out to touch the doorknob, I hear his old, deep voice ring through my ears.

“Have fun working the shift today.”

My teeth grind as I slam the door open and shut, running down the stairs and into the bakery. I slip into the back counter to tie on my apron and white hat. I have to take off my beanie now, great. The apron and hat have the name of the bakery printed neatly across the front; ‘Sprinkle Some More’.

Now, I don’t mind doing the shift. I get paid for a couple of hours doing something I love. Totally find with that. The people I serve are the problem though. Mostly people are nice and polite; but that’s mostly the older adults and small children.