Three-You Forgot The Hoodie

Three-‘You Forgot The Hoodie’

So, here I am, all ready to go to bed.

I’m really tired too. All I wanted to do, all day, was to go back to sleep. I’m in my tank top and shorts, hair down and messy, ready to dive into my bed. Unfortunately for me, I don’t think it’s happening any time soon.

Seriously, I’m tired. It’s 10 pm. I want sleep, and I want it now. Not in an hour from now, but now. Right at this moment. My eyes are practically closing themselves, and I didn’t even think that was possible. Hey, you learn something new every day. 

Why can’t I sleep now?

Because there’s this huge lump right in the middle of my bed.

It’s Mike. He’s cuddled into my bed, right smack down in the middle, covers hurled over him. I can’t see his face, because he’s facing the wall and the covers go past his head. But I’m sure he’s grinning like an idiot because he knows this aggravates me.

To tell you the truth, it does. It does aggravate me. It aggravates me to no end.

“Mike,” I groan, not able to raise my voice to a yell because that’s how tired I am, “Get out of my bed. You have your own.”

“Yeah, the couch,” He snorts.

“But it’s my bed. Not yours.”

“Be nice to your guests, Emma.”

“I don’t have any guests. I have a mole in my bed.”

“Did you just call me a mole?”

“I did.”

“…what kind of mole? The animal, or the creepy ones you get on your face-”

“The animal, you idiot.”

“Oh, so now I’m an idiot. Make up your mind.”

“You are so infuriating!”

A chuckle comes from my bed.

That’s it. I’ve had enough. I want sleep. My eyes are begging for it. I trudge over to my bed and practically shove him off of it. He, caught off guard, falls straight onto the floor with a loud THUMP. Me, on the other hand, crawl into bed with a snicker.

Ahh, at last.

Something shuffles into my bed. His head pops up next to mine, his hair all messy. A grin flashes across his features. “Top of the mornin’ to ya!”

I groan once more, flipping my head the other way. “Leave me alone!”