Seven-That Was The Worst Fucking Kiss Of Your Life

Chapter Seven-‘That Was The Worst Fucking Kiss Of Your Life’

His lips are salty. And sweet at the same time.

But overall disgusting.

I feel like I’m kissing my brother.

Oh, so gross.

I rip back in two seconds flat. In the background, Noah whoops and cheers wildly. I bet you a million dollars the other boys are just watching in shock, as I am. Jared and I stare at each other for a really, really, really long time.

“Jared…”

“Emma…”

I shake my head.

He shakes his head.

Fantastic. This has turned into a game of copy cat.

“I really don’t know how to put this…but…no I will not go out with you, and if you ever kiss me again I will kill you in your sleep.”

Jared nods frantically. “Okay, that works.” He looks down. “I’ve just…liked you for a long time. But…to be honest…”

“That was the worst fucking kiss of your life?”

He snaps his head up. “Don’t be mad…but…yeah!” He braces himself for the punch, but it never comes. So he sighs in relief instead. 

“Okay, so do we now feel the same way? Back to brother and sister?”

“Yeah. Shit, I felt like I was kissing my sister. Don’t come onto me like that anymore, Emma! I know you want all this,” he motions to his body, “but it’s never going to happen!”

There’s the Jared I know.

A grin splashes my face. “Good. Now I know it won’t be awkward the next time we see each other.” I glance over to the boys. “You can explain to them what just happened. Good luck.”

I dart.

Jared can’t keep up with me, so he doesn’t even try.

Smart boy.

I run all the way back to Kara’s house. I bust open the door, giving both girls a mini heart attack. “Hannah, we need to give Kara a makeover. Pronto.”

Hannah doesn’t have to hear that twice. She jumps off the bed and into her purse. “You are so lucky I carry around a makeup kit and extra clothing.”

Not even going to ask why.

I pull Kara off her chair and onto the one in front of the mirror. “Kara, close your eyes and don’t you dare open them until I tell you to or we’ll make you look like a clown.”