Nine-'Hot Guys Don't Date Frowny Face Girls'

Nine-‘Hot Guys Don’t Date Frowny Face Girls’

He’s been ignoring me.

Everytime we’re in the same room as each other, he’ll sigh, glance at me, then gets up and leaves. Everytime that happens, I start to cry like a baby. He won’t talk to me, either. Like, at all. If we’re eating dinner at the dinner table with my dad, it gets extremely awkward. Nobody talks, well, except for my dad. He tries to make conversation, but it always turns everything for the worst.

Kara hasn’t left my side since what happened two days ago. She’s being the bestest friend in the whole wide world. The guys and Hannah have been asking me what’s wrong, but I don’t want to tell them. It’ll make me feel worse repeating everything. Kara doesn’t want to either, because she feels I need to tell them. I guess that’s not happening anytime soon.

I think Sunny already knows why I’m crying. He is the smartest out of the bunch, after all. The group still talks to Mike because they don’t know what happened. Mike didn’t put Jared into the hospital…yet. I guess Sunny sees the way Mike glares at me, then to Jared, then leaves. The way I bawl my eyes out when he does that. So Sun probably put two and two together. It’s not that hard to figure out, really.

The worst part is that he leaves tomorrow. He has to go back to Hollywood for fame and fortune. Leaving me in the dust like he did four years ago. I guess his second chance is over now. I don’t want him to leave. I wish he would just stay here with me and never leave my side ever again. But his job comes first. It’s more important than me, his one and only true bestest friend in the whole wide world.

All I want to do is tell him that I only like Jared as a friend. I love him, not Jared. 

I hear my bedroom door open gently, then close. My face is buried into my pillow, my body in a star position. Yeah…I haven’t done much since two days ago. Mostly just sleep and eat. 

“Emma…?” Hannah. Her voice is hesitant.

“What?” I reply in a not so lady-like voice.

“Kara sent me up. She said she tried everything to get you out of bed and nothings working.”

Yeah, that ‘everything’ was offering me ice cream with bacon bits on top. Really Kara? Really? “I’m not leaving, Hannah.”

“Kara told me what happened!” She blurts out. “I don’t know if you mind…”

“I don’t care...Go get me some ice cream.”

“No,” She says stubbornly. “We are going out and finding you a hot guy. You need a rebound for today.”

“I don’t want a rebound, I want Mike,” I state childishly.

“No Mike. Hot guy.” Hannah pulls me up with effort and a groan. “Now it’s time for your makeover.”

Reluctantly, I let her. Despite my efforts, she’s just going to keep on trying. Hannah’s a very stubborn girl, unlike Kara. She gives up quite easily.