Chapter Six

Her eyes were starting to strain from reading the numerous case files in front of her. Including witness statements, police reports and crime analysis'. Pain was stating behind her eyes and was moving to the top of her head.

  May felt like she was restudying for her mid and end of year exams all over again. Only thing time more was at risk, she had a feeling that Karl wasn't going to the only victim.

  "I think it's time to call it quits," Chad said. May nodded before looking at the clock, they had been at for almost six hours. No wonder her head was starting to ache.

  Her wrist wasn't doing any better, but she could say one thing. They had gotten through half of the files and if she had to look through them again, then it was too soon.

  "Agreed," May told him, nodding her head. "We're half-way through."

  "It took six hours."

  "And with another six, we'll be done." There had been barely anything linking their suspects to Karl's death. Which had now extended from Faith to include Hirohi and Rihanna. There was no doubt that suspects would be added, Karl worked in the media business and May didn't want to think about the enemies he had made.

  "Unless they find more."

  "Can I have your notes?" May asked, glad that she didn't have to go through all of them on her own. If it took two people six hours to get half-way through, she didn't want to think about how long it would take her on her own. "I'll type them up. Sent them to you, along with my own."

  "I still have mine."

  "They're new. Might have picked up on something you missed last time."

  Chad glared at her, before handing her the notepad with his handwritten notes. She was just glad that his handwriting had improved to the point that it was readable. Not the chicken starch it had been when she first met him. Not that she would tell him, he did let her go through his case files.

  "Thank you," she told him. Standing up, she paused as she heard her back crack. She really had been sitting down for too long if there were that many air bubbles in her joints. "I'll email you our notes. You should be able to add them to your case files."

  "I'll hunt down the detective on the Ironborn case. He'll want to know about the Hirohi and Rihanna connection," Chad told her. She didn't know if the connections Myles had told her about were a good or a bad thing. One good thing would come from it, Chad would those working on the Ironborn case, helping out the Ives' case.

  "Of course. If I get anymore information, I'll email it," May reassured him.

  "I'll have these files scanned," Chad told her. "Then I'll email the ones we didn't get to. I'll email all of them, in case you need fresh eyes looking over them."

  "Thanks. Chad, your the best."

  "Better then a house full of butterflies."

  Smiling, she quickly left the building. Her work mobile rang before she reached the car, Isaac's name popping up on the screen. There would only one reason he would call her at this time.

  Someone else had been killed. Answering the phone, slipped the notes into a bag that she left in front of the passenger seat. The person who had murdered Chevell had also killed Hirohi. And worst of all, was the fact that Chaya Ives had found him dead in the living room.

--

May had been to the Ives family mansion before, it was far to big for her to call it home. Rihanna continued her mother's yearly; Easter, New Years, Thanksgiving and Christmas parties to show off.