Chapter Nine

"A newbie," Diana said, wrapping her arms around the top of her head. "We're dealing with a newbie."

  "I'm not going to argue," May replied, glaring at the number of files that had been sent to their office. Her hand was sore, along with her wrists. "Most likely, they don't have a criminal record either."

  "Plant-based poison."

  "And into Botany or biology."

  "Science based," Diana said, putting her hand over her eye and the other one was hovering over her key board. "This case is going to be a nightmare. Even worse for a newbie."

  "I was brought in because I know them," she told her. "Not that I spoke to any of them for ten years."

  "Tough. What, you break up with one of their sons?"

  "I would rather not talk about, we have case files to continue going through. We've had our break."

  "And here I thought I was going to learn something."

  "We must always expect disappointment. Things hurt less if you do."

  "One day, we're going to sit down and I'm going to force you to tell me what happened."

  "Not going to happen."

  Before Diana could say anything back, her phone rang. Buzzing inside her leather jacket behind her, making both of them jump before looking at it.

  "Riggs," Diana said as grabbed her phone, the cover a pale pink. The same colour as her nails, along with having dark pink ribbons along it. "I see... Be there in as soon as possible."

  May was putting on her coat, and slinging her bag around her shoulders before Diana said anything to her.

  "May, we're moving out," she told her, placing her phone back into her pocket. "We've got got another one. We're taking my work car."

  "Where?" May asked.

  "The Tawnya Manor."

--

Cop cars covered the front yard, police were walking around. Man in white suits, it would seem that this death was uglier then the last one and she didn't even know who was dead.

  "I'll talk to her," May told Diana, it looked like Ellie wasn't telling the officer anything. Since he was starting to go slightly red in the face, it was only because of the tall tanned man next to her that he didn't do anything.

  "You know her?" Diana asked.

  "I questioned her when we first got the case. First vic was her uncle through marriage."

  "Go. Don't think his getting much from her."

  "Of course." May nodded at her partner, before ducking underneath the bright yellow tap. No one stopped her, not when she had her badge on her belt.

  "Detective," the cop told her, Ellie's sidekick glared at her. She would look closer at him the moment she spoke to Officer Smith. "Don't worry, I'll take this."

  "Sure. She's a hard one," he told her, walking away muttering to himself. It wasn't until she looked at the male that she knew the reason, why was staring the the Desert Snake's little brother?

  "May?" Ellie asked tears going down her face as she wrapped her arms around her. "Aunt Faith's dead. Someone stabbed Aunt Faith in the back."

  Stabbed? May thought to herself, patting her on the back. Before returning her hug, she could take a softer route with Ellie, since she had already been ruled of the list of suspects.