Chapter Twelve

"Crystal, Riggs come to my office," Isaac yelled from his office, the Tawnya family had left twenty minutes ago. Elena was sitting next to her, helping her go through the Tawnya families known bank accounts. It was safer to rule out the entire family, so someone else didn't think of pulling someone else into the interview room behind their backs.

  With a knowing look, Elena dropped a USB into her hand. Folder folded under her arm as she left the room.

  "You know her?" Diana asked.

  "In high school," May admitted.

  Isaac didn't look amused when she walked into the room, sitting down he looked at the both of them. "Both Rihanna and Mikolaj are dead. Zettel and Ahdieh are already at the scene."

  "Poisoned? Stabbed?" May asked.

  "Mikolaj was stabbed, we think that Rihanna was poisoned," he admitted. "We need to keep this under wraps, the public won't like that a state's lawyer has been killed."

  May didn't know what was going on, but now Faith and Mikolaj had been stabbed. While Hirohi, Karl and Rihanna had been poisoned. The only way both Rihanna and Mikolaj had been killed on the same night, there were two killers.

  "The public don't know about this," Dania told him. "No one knows what happens at East End, many don't care."

  "They don't know. Yes," May added, her leg crossing each other and her hands resting on her knees. "So we have two killers, one that uses poison and the other kitchen knives. Someone's been buying new kitchen knives, we should look into the brand."

  "It's not a pattern killer," Diana said, tapping her pen underneath her lower lip. "Not a Serial killer. The only connection is that they work at Chevell's Media."

  "At least the one's who were poisoned," May agreed. "Those who were stabbed didn't. They were only related, or married, to those who did."

  "I'll be going to the scene. I want you two to continue going through the band accounts Miss Ken had left you," Isaac told them. "Captain David has been told to stay away from our investigation, but still."

  "Keep an eye out for him," Diana finished.

  "We'll also go through the Ives family accounts again," May added. "In case we missed something the first time round."

  "We'll need more coffee. I'll get a pot from the staff room," Diana told her once Isaac had left the room. May's head tilted to the ceiling, this case was quickly becoming a mess, they needed a break. One tiny break for everything to make sense.

  Through there is one thing that May doubts, that most of the families in East End wouldn't care if this was never solved. If the killer was one of their own, they'd everything in their power to have it sweeped under the rug.

  She knows this more then anyone, if there's money involved. People think they can buy their way out of trouble.

  Not only that; but it's what happened to the murder of Deacon and Hafsa Kori all those years ago. Twenty years have passed, and still no one cared that their murderer still walked free.