The Next Day

The next day I woke up to the light pouring through the one small window into the shed. I blinked a few times to adjust to the light. The time on my watch said 10:35. It was now time to head over to the credit union it wasn't too far from here and I didn't want to look too suspicious by bringing my bags with me so I packed away my blanket and grabbed my wallet. I peered out the door when I saw that there was nobody out there I walked out closing the door behind me.

I made great time getting to the credit union and when I got there only a few other people were waiting in line to talk to one of the clerks. After several minutes of waiting, I was next. I walked up to the counter to be greeted by the clerk.

"Hello, how may I help you today young lady?"

"I need to make a withdrawal."

"Ok name and I will need your ID."

"Sasha Brooks." I handed her my ID I had taken from my wallet. She looked at my ID and typed something into the computer.

" Okay miss how much would you like to withdrawal from your account?"

"The max I can take." she gave me a questioning look.

"It's money for a trip my church youth group is going on." she nodded as if she understood or just didn't want to question it any further. She asked me what kind of bills and I told her mostly 20s 10s 5s and a few 1s and I did get a couple of 50s as well. All the bills added to a grand total of 1,230 dollars. I earned it from my job babysitting once in a while and cash from birthdays and other holidays as that seemed to be all I got from the age of 8. I finished the transaction and thanked the clerk and made my way out the door putting my wad of money into my wallet.

When I got back to the shed I placed my wallet into my backpack and headed out. I went to the nearest convenience store I had an idea of a way to save money by not having to buy food all the time. I was going to buy appetite suppressants. These would be effective for saving money and help lose some weight because yes I was a little fatter than I should be.

When I bought the bottle after lying to the cashier so she would let me get it I added it to my bag. I looked at the time it was 12:34. I knew that there was a bus route that could take me to the other side of the city and the next bus would be coming in 11 minutes so I went to the stop that was just down the road. I waited there for a few minutes and then the bus came I got on and paid the amount due before finding a seat.

It was about a half an hour later that my stop came up and I got off where I was going from here I did not know the only thing I knew was I was never going back home. I walked around for a little while before finding this small park with some wooded area around it. I sat on a bench and watched the parents with their kids, they looked so happy. I wondered if I ever looked like that at the park with my parents. I dismissed the thought as a little girl probably around the age of 5 or 6 came up to me.

"Why do you have those bags with you?" her little voice speaks with confidence how I wish I could have been like her.

"Well, I am going away for a while and I need to bring something with me," I say glad I can make things up on the spot like that.

"Then what are you doing at the park?"

"My friend that I am going to is meeting me here."

"That sounds fun, I'm here with my brother we come here a lot during the summer."

"Well, where is your brother?"

"Probably looking for me, he is a slow walker, I ran ahead of him to get here." I was about to say something more when I heard a voice call out.

"Jenny, Jenny where did you go." then I see the person the voice belongs to a tall guy about my age probably older he had black hair and a dark v-neck shirt on, he sees us or more the little girl, Jenny, and walks over.

"Jenny I told you to stay next to me you can't just take off like that I was worried about you."

"You knew where I was headed Noah," she says sounding annoyed

"Yeah but you could have been hit by a car or taken by a creepy bald guy in a big black van," he says the last part more jokingly as he tickles his sister.

"Stop it Noah." she manages to say in between giggles. He then turns to me

"Sorry about my sister but thanks for keeping an eye on her." Jenny runs to the play structure and begins to play with other kids

"It's okay she is cute."

"Maybe on the outside but on the inside, she is a little devil." he jokes "anyway I should make sure she doesn't run off again. It was nice meeting you..."

"Sasha." I finish for him

"Well, maybe I will see you around Sasha."

"Maybe," I say as he walks away although I knew he wouldn't as I am running away and my house is on the other side of the very large city. A few minutes later I walk into the wooded area hoping for some cover where I could stay for the night which lucky for me there is some. I place my things down and grab the suppressants out of my bag I look at the dosage and pop it into my mouth.

I grab a notebook from my bag turned to the first page and started writing.

Yesterday morning I ran away from home I stayed in the shed on schools property for the first night and after getting money the next day I bought some appetite suppressants to help save money and to help my fat self-lose weight. I took a bus across the city and sat in a park where I meant the cutest girl Jenny she seems very social and energetic. 

I also meant her brother Noah he was cute to and my age but for some reason that only brought up thoughts of Austin who I was trying to forget. Now I will be spending the night in this wooded area by the park. The conditions might not be ideal but it is better than being ignored and hated back home.

I think it might be best to get states away less of a chance of being found so I should get on a charter bus and just ride it to wherever it goes and get off at a place that is calling to me.

6/20/16

I close my notebook and lay back and watch the clouds move and soon the sunset and the stars come out soon enough my eyes droop and sleep consumes me.

*Thanks for reading. Sorry the title isn't the best for this section but I hope you liked it, things should be getting more exciting in the chapters to come as Sasha has now made a plan to leave the state with no plans of where she is going. please continue to read feel free to leave comments on what you liked and didn't like. 

PS. the little girl at the top is somewhat how I pictured Jenny.