A Rainy Day

The next morning I was awoken by the smell of bacon I opened my eyes and lifted my head up only to realize that I had fallen asleep on the couch with Austin while watching Supernatural and that my head had been resting on his shoulder. He was still asleep but wouldn't be much longer if I moved too much as his arm was around my lower back. I move a little trying to wake up my legs that had fallen asleep and then I felt movement beside me, I turn and look to see Austin opening his eyes and meeting mine.

"We fell asleep watching Supernatural?" he asks sounding tired and very sexy.

"Must have but I am hungry and smell bacon."

"Bacon?" we share a look before jumping up and rushing to the kitchen. We are greeted by the adults as we enter and are each handed a plate of food.

"Well, it looks like we are stuck inside today. According to the news forecast, it is going to be raining most of the day." Austin's mom says

"Well, that's just great." I say "At least I have my bacon." I add as I stuff a strip of bacon into my mouth.

"Well, we can just sit and watch tv today," Austin says looking at me

"That is a plus." I put my plate of food down having finished the bacon and had some of the pancakes that were also on the plate. I head to my room and Austin calls after me.

"The tv is the other way."

"I know I have to do something quick a minute I will meet you there." I continue to my room and shuffle through my things finding my phone hidden in a pocket of my backpack. I open it up to see more messages from my family and what little friends I had I make it so they know they are read and that I am still alive but I don't respond. I grab my notebook and write a quick note.

It is now like the fifth day of running away and nothing much has changed except I think I have fallen for Austin even more now. He took me to a lookout spot at the top of a hill it started to rain and we got drenched we spent the rest of the night watching supernatural and fell asleep on the couch together my head rested on his shoulder and his hand on my back. But now it is raining so we are stuck inside all day. Well, that is it so see you soon.

I close the book and place it on the nightstand before going and joining Austin on the couch as the episode came back from commercial. The episode that was on was early season 3 you could tell because Sam was mad at Dean for making the deal with a demon.

We sit and watch for a while the storm outside getting bad and after a while, all the lights go out as well as the tv and every other electrical thing in the house.

"Well, that's just great now I have to stay inside all day and don't get to watch tv. What are we supposed to do now?"

"Well it is a little old school but there are board and card games in a cupboard around here somewhere," Austin responds as he turns the tv and lights that had been on so when the power came back that they would be off.

"What games?"

" Sorry, Uno, Go Fish, operation, Candyland, Monopoly, Jenga, Chess and Checkers, stuff like that."

"Some of those need more than 2 players and the adults are probably reading the newspaper and books."

"Surprisingly you guessed right that is what my parents do during a power outage."

"Well, I guess we can improvise then. Get Monopoly, I have an idea."

Austin went to another room and a minute or two later returned holding monopoly he brought it over to where I sat on the floor. We took a few minutes to set everything up before I started explaining my Idea.