A Day on the Town

The next morning I am awoken by Austin standing next to my bed holding a spray bottle and spraying my face.

"Why are you spraying my face?"

"I am trying to wake you up," he says as he continues to spray my face.

"There are better ways to do that you know."

"Yeah, but there are not as fun as this now get up you lazy bum."

"Would you stop spraying me."

"But you're not up yet." I quickly jump out of bed and grab the bottle from his hands and turn it on him and start fiercely spraying him.

"Okay okay, I get it stop." I hand him back the bottle and usher him out of the room.

"Now leave I need to change." I shut the door behind him and lock it so I can change, I look through my bags for my last not worn change of clothes. I run a brush through my hair a few times till it looks presentable.

I enter the kitchen where everybody else was sitting at the table getting food and eating, I join in grabbing some food not bothering to take the suppressants.

"So Sasha are you ready to go into town?"

"Yeah, it should be fun."

"Well we will be headed out after eating, so I hope you are ready."

"Mom no needs to sass her she's ready," Austin buts in.

"Okay just making sure." we finish eating then go and pile into their van and start the drive into town since it is the country it takes a little bit but not to long. The whole drive me and Austin was talking and making jokes relating to either Supernatural or the Duff his parents were looking at us like we were crazy I mean we probably are.

Once we got into town we went to a small strip mall and climbed out and started walking around. We had gotten most of the things from the list other than a dress for me and a few other random things, we got sidetracked when Austin's mom and dad started talking to old friends and they kept going on eventually she handed the list to Austin and told us to go on without them and they would catch up. After several more minutes we have, most everything bought.

"Okay, that is everything except a dress for you."

"Okay well, there is a store over there with some."

"Let's go." We walk into the store and I look through the racks of dresses they have there are a lot of beautiful ones but also expensive and so not my size. After what felt like hours of looking I saw this gorgeous dress it was white and you may think like a wedding dress but it wasn't like that at all much less fancy but still formal.

"You going to try it on?" Austin says from behind me.

"You think I should?"

"Yeah, why not if it is your size it looks like a nice dress."

"Okay, I will try it on." I grab it off of the rack and walk over to the changing rooms Austin following behind me. I laugh quietly to myself as Austin takes a seat in what is often referred to as the boyfriend chair. I walk into one of the changing areas and start to get undressed so I could put the dress on. Miraculously I was able to get it zipped up all by myself.

As I got ready to exit I heard Austin talking to someone but I just figured it was his parents that they had finally caught up with us but when I exited I was completely wrong. What I saw was Austin talking to a girl probably our age and I have to admit she is very pretty but she was also flirting with Austin which immediately put her on my don't like list.

"Hey, Sasha--" Austin says turning to look at me but whatever he was going to say is interrupted.

"What?"

"You look...uh... beautiful."

"Thanks," I say pushing a loose strand of hair out of my face. The girl coughs to get Austin's attention clearly annoyed by the compliment he gave me moments ago. He tears his eyes off of me to look at the girl.

"Oh Sasha this is a friend of mine, Vanessa, Vanessa this is Sasha we go to school together."

"Nice to meet you," I say trying my best to sound genuine.

"Likewise," she says with clear venom in her voice that every girl can recognize.

"Sasha is coming to the banquet with us," Austin explains to Vanessa as she glares at me.

"I think you have found your dress. It suits you," he says turning his attention back to me.

"My dress is way prettier than that one but whatever you wear is up to you," Vanessa says trying to fish for compliments.

Yeah, that's right I don't need to fish for compliments so screw you, Vanessa. I think to myself those last three words having a harsh tone in my head that makes me smile.

A few seconds later Austin's parents walk up and join us.

"Oh Sasha you look amazing," Austin's mother gushes

"Thank you I quite like it. It is comfortable and perfect for the banquet." I say glancing at Vanessa out of the corner of my eye.

"Hey Vanessa fancy seeing you here," his dad says. "You coming to the banquet right?"

"Of course wouldn't miss it for the world. And I can't wait to get to know Sasha a bit more."

"Yeah same here," I say not wanting to sound rude.

"Well, we should get going soon so how about you change back into your clothes and we can check out."

"Of course I will be right out." I turn and head back to the change room with my clothes and shimmy my way out of the dress putting it back on the hanger and getting my normal clothes on. When I exit I am relieved to see Vanessa is nowhere to be seen.

"You ready?" Austin asks standing up from the chair.

"Yup let's go," we go and check out and then head back to the car and load everything in before heading back to the house. When we get there we get some of the things ready for tomorrow then have time to just hang out. Me and Austin were hanging out in the theater room with my computer hooked up and were watching supernatural.

"So how do you know Vanessa?"

"Well we used to come out here for summers at a time and Vanessa's family lives on the next ranch over we used to hang out. Though after a few years she kinda became obsessed with me she didn't think it showed but it was pretty clear."

"Seems like she hasn't gotten over it."

"Probably not," we continue to watch for a few more hours before deciding to go to sleep as there are still a lot of preparations to be done for the banquet tomorrow night.

*Thanks for reading my friends. The next chapter may be the last and longer than every other one or might have it be a normal length on then a shorter one depends on how long I hold off on some things but we will see where this goes. love you all keep on reading.