The End?

The next morning I decide to stay in my comfy clothes that I wear to bed until I will have to get into the dress for tonight. After breakfast we have some free time until we finish making preparations for the banquet and then actually going to the banquet.

I will spare you the boring details of the random things we had to do to get ready but now with everything done and ready to go, it was time for us to get ready to go as there would be a little bit of a drive to get there. First I wanted to take some time to write in my notebook to get used to doing it more often once I depart ways with Austin and his family.

So it's the day of the banquet and I am quickly writing this before getting ready for it there is not much new but we will be leaving the ranch the day after tomorrow and then more things will be happening but now I should really go get ready don't want to keep them waiting.

I put my notebook down on my bed and grab the dress off of the door hanger and walk into the bathroom. I quickly do my hair or more brush it leaving it down since I like it better that way. Austin's mom lets me borrow some of her makeup so after getting into the dress I do that.

When I exit the bathroom and reenter the room with all of my stuff I see Austin standing in his suit and tie there holding my notebook. Whatever this is it cannot be good.

"You ran away," that is all he says and he says it in this way that sounds like a parent punishing you.

"I can explain--" He doesn't let me finish.

"You lied to me you told me. You were on a trip for the summer, that your parents knew. Why would you do that?"

"I don't know anymore. I just-- wait why were you even going through my stuff? Why are you in here?"

"You left it open on your bed and I was coming to see if you were ready to go because we are leaving in a few minutes."

"You could have just left it alone."

"I was at first I had picked it up to move it but then I saw a few of the words and I was worried. Sorry for being concerned."

"Me too." I walk up to him and snatch the notebook out of his hands and stuff it into a bag. Austin looks as if he is going to say something but what it was I will never know because his mom called us.

"Kids are you coming we need to leave like now or we are going to be late." I walk past Austin without another word grabbing my phone on the way.

On the drive, you could feel the tension between myself and Austin it was so thick you could cut it with a knife. When we finally got there after the long drive I saw a building with woods not to far away and they went on for a while. The outside of the building didn't look like one that would house banquets but the inside was beautiful maybe it was just from all of the decorations and whatnot but it was not what I was expecting at all.

There was a nice open dance floor in the middle of the room with tables surrounding it and there was a table to put food on because unlike most banquets this was more like a formal or fancy potluck with dancing.

I was hungry pretty soon after it started so I went and grabbed a plate of food and went to a table to sit and eat. As I ate I watched more people arrive and join the dance floor and of course, I see Vanessa enter with who I assume is her family and she makes her way to Austin. After finishing my food I take care of my plate and walk around a little bit until Austin's mom stops to talk to me.

"Is everything alright Sasha?"

"Yeah, it's all good."

"Are you sure? Things seem tense between you and Austin you haven't talked since we left the house."