A Quiet Night in

We got up from his bed and went to the kitchen where the adults were making some food for supper.

"What were you two up to in Austin's room we heard a lot of noise coming from there?"

"Oh we were just doing the payment for the loser of Monopoly it was nothing really," Austin says smoothly not skipping a beat as if he had rehearsed it. His mom gave him a skeptical look but brushes it off and accepts her son's answer.

"So who was the winner?" his dad asked.

"I was," I say cheerfully sticking my tongue out at Austin who was about to speak.

"Oh, the king has been knocked off of his throne."

"Austin is usually the winner when you play?"

"Yeah, always that's why we hardly play the game anymore."

"I don't mean to brag but what is it like 8-years that I have won the championship."

"It was but now you have been dethroned."

"Bow before your queen," I say in a mocking royal proper tone.

"Hahaha very funny Sasha."

"That's queen Sasha to you peasant." I couldn't hold in my laughter at the face he makes as he looks at me. "Maybe you should be the royal jester." with that comment everybody laughs including Austin. As we eat we talk about random things and they mention how they are going into town tomorrow to get some things for an annual town party banquet like thing.

"Oh Sasha you are coming to the banquet party but we are going to have to buy you a dress formal wear dress code."

"Oh, you don't need to do that you are already doing so much for me."

"We insist you need one and we don't have anything that will fit you here."

"When is this banquet anyway?"

"It is not tomorrow but the day after that." After we finish eating we take care of everything and we go to watch more of the marathon but it is a few episodes ahead of where Austin is so we decided to let the adults have the living room and we took the theater room and watched some random Disney movie that was in the stack of movies.

We didn't really watch the movie it was more for background noise while we talked about random things. We had started talking about what the town was like and what we would do and where we would go then it turned to what typically happened at the banquet.

We started watching the movie some of the ways through it, the movie that was put in was the little mermaid. It was getting to the part with Kiss the Girl in it. For some reason that had always been one of my favorite songs from Disney maybe it was because the animals were singing instead of the humans.

When the song came on I involuntary quietly sang along, when it was coming to an end I felt like I was being watched so I turned to face Austin and he had been watching me the whole song.

"What," I asked suddenly feeling very self-conscious having just been caught singing along with Kiss the girl by my crush.

"You have a good singing voice."

"Really?"

"Yeah, did you ever take choir?"

"No, I hate singing in front of people."

"Why."

"Because people are judgemental and I have never thought I was a good singer."

"Well, maybe you should start."

"There is no point in doing it though."

"I wouldn't say there is no point but whatever."

"Let's just go back to watching the movie." I turn back to face the screen and watch the movie but every once in a while I feel like he is still watching me and not the movie. As the movie is ending I get an amazing idea that I wish I thought of sooner.

"Do you guys have an HDMI cord here?"

"Yeah I have one in my room, why do you ask?"

"Go grab it I am going to grab something I have an idea."

"It better not turn out like your monopoly idea." I hear him mumble under his breath as we walk out of the room. I go to the room that has all of my stuff in it and go to grab my computer. I notice that my notebook is on top of it so I write a quick note in it.

It is later on the fifth night of running away the power had gone out due to the rain so we being me and Austin played a version of monopoly and when I won he locked me in his closet. The power came back on and we watched little mermaid and I had a great Idea of how to use the theater room. He must be waiting I have to go write you soon.

I put my notebook down and grabbed my laptop before heading back to the theater room on the lower level.

"What took you so long?"

"Sorry I got sidetracked but I am here now."

"Okay, so what was this brilliant Idea you had?"

"To watch Supernatural."

"How?"

"You have a projector and an HDMI cord I have a laptop with access to Supernatural. I take the cord plug one end into the projector and the other to my computer and voila we can watch Supernatural or any other show or movie I have which is pretty much all of them."

"You know I kinda want to watch a movie."

"Which one?"

"What do you have."

"Just name a movie and I can get it. Most likely."

"How?"

"A magician never reveals her secrets."

"But you're not a magician." We ended up picking The Duff partly my choice I was able to convince Austin to watch it because he had never seen it before. At first, he had been reluctant to watch but he eventually started to enjoy it I mean if you have seen it you would understand why.

"That was actually not bad," Austin says as the movie comes to an end.

"Are you glad I convinced you to watch it."

"Sure. But we should probably get to sleep have a busy day tomorrow."

"Yeah okay," we head upstairs and go to our rooms saying goodnight as we part ways. I get changed and climb into the bed and fall asleep shortly after my head hits the pillow.