2-Abby's New Select Ensemble

Hello, everyoneee. I'm back! :)

I've been quite busy lately, so I didn't have much time to work on this since I also started working on my old stories. But I promise next time I won't take that long. As you can see this chapter is much longer. Would you rather it be like this? Or do you guys want the chapters shorter? So here you go. Hope you like it!

Updated: 28th August, 2014.

A/N: Okay, this time I'd like you to comment and vote on this chapter letting me know what you think of it, not on the new chapter I update to let you know I updated this one since I will be deleting those and I'll lose your votes and whatever comments I get. Anyway, hope you like it!!!

Also, I apologize if I made Autumn or Sophia look too bitchy or bratty. That's just their character. I don't think they're like that at all in real life. In fact, I think they're awesome dancers and I love them :)))

"I think it's time for you girls to meet the new team. You'd better brace yourselves, because your lives as you know them are about change." Abby strode across the room and threw the door open. "Girls, let's go! Come in!"

Five children entered the room. But they didn't appear to be friends the way the dancers in Abby Lee's elite group were. Instead, an unsmiling girl with pale skin and fair hair lead the group. She walked with the confidence of a lioness, her steps deliberate and calculated. Behind her, at a triangular angle, were two more girls, one with dark skin and short, loosely curled tresses, and another with creamy skin and fine dark tresses. Diagonally behind them were two more: a tall one with golden locks, and a beautiful Spanish one with blonde waves. They strutted across the room, blank stares on their faces, and turned in tandem to come to rest beside Abby, who placed a hand on the lead's shoulder.

Chloe's jaw dropped as they sashayed into the room. The girls' mothers followed directly after them, in a straight line.

This is just great, thought Chloe. Now not only do I have to beat Maddie, I have to win against five other girls. After all, to be the best, you have to do better than the best.

The best part? She had been dancing at the ALDC since she was two years old.

"Welcome to the Abby Lee Dance Company!" Abby exclaimed. "Each of you will be competing against a girl from my own team for the chance to earn a spot in the ALDC elite group." She turned to her own dancers.

"Nia Frazier, take a step forward," Abby ordered. "And Mia Diaz. You are going to be competing against each other."

Nia glanced at her competitor cautiously, but the blonde didn't intimidate her at all. Nia herself was amazing at jazz, musical theater, and ballet. Sure, Mia was a talented dancer, but Nia knew she could pull this off easily.

"You will both be in the Junior Division, and will each have a solo."

Holly, Nia's mother, glared from the waiting room. With her white skin, straight blonde hair, and hazel eyes, Mia Diaz was the exact picture of a type-casted Caucasian. For a long time, Holly had accused Abby Lee Miller of being racist and prejudiced. Since the first year, Nia had only received the lead in a dance when it was ethnic or stereotypical. The most well-remembered times were when the Rosa Parks group dance took place-Abby had made Maddie walk on Nia's back, which caused the performance to be extremely controversial-and Nia's solo They Call Me Laquifa-Abby had granted Nia an animal-print costume and forced her to wear an Afro-.

Mackenzie, too, was shunted by Abby because she was littler than the rest of the dancers. Technically, this was more of a reason to praise her, as she was both younger and shorter than the others, yet was still able to perform at their level. Unfortunately, Abby didn't see it that way.