12-We Make Starz

Hello my lovely readers!! How's that summer going? I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long. I'm pretty caught up preparing my stuff for when I start my classes in September again. Here's the following chapter. Enjoy!!

Paige Hyland stood in the waiting room, clasping hands with her older sister Brooke. They were at Stars Dance Studio, waiting for someone to collect them so they could audition. They'd been there alone for almost an hour, never letting go of each other, never not running their audition routines in their heads over and over, so many times that they felt like a video on an endless loop.

But eventually, a man approached. He had a big, easy smile and a shock of black hair. "Hello, I'm Victor," he greeted them smoothly.

"Hello." Kelly Hyland smiled tightly and shook his hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine," he replied. "So, I am the overseer of our auditions. I believe these lovely girls are Paige and Brooke Hyland?"

"Yes, sir," Kelly told him.

"If they would be so kind as to come with me. Would you like some refreshments, Mrs. Hyland?"

"Some water would be lovely," she replied.

"Of course." Victor busied himself in the office for a second before returning with a clear, cold bottle of water flavored with a spritz of lemon juice. "Drink up, Mrs. Hyland. Girls?"

Nodding, Paige and Brooke followed him into the studio. The hustle and bustle felt so much more normal than the ALDC. In Abby's building, no one ran. The girls and their mothers strolled sedately on organized paths to scheduled classes. This chaos was almost scary, but at the same time comfortable too.

"You will be auditioning in here," Victor informed them, sliding open a door to a small room. "Studio 4."

"Yes, sir," Brooke answered firmly.

"Sir?" he repeated. "Oh, no, no. You can call me Victor." He grinned at her. "Do you girls need to change?"

Paige looked down at her outfit. To make a good impression, she'd worn light-wash skinny jeans, an olive green Tonello blazer, and white lace Christian Louboutin heels that belonged to her mother. She even had on onxy and gold hoop earrings and carried a straw beach tote. For makeup, she wore Maybelline concealer, lipstick, and a coating of neutral Nars nail polish. A touch of Eau de Lacoste scent followed her as she walked, conveying a flawless blend of cool and professional. She wished that someone had commented on her clothes. But they hadn't, and she still needed to change. Pursing her lips, she replied, "I do, Victor."

"Me too," added Brooke. She'd gone for the same look as Paige, in a two-toned Valentino tank sweater, black skinny jeans, and hot pink studded Michael Kors sandals. For jewelry, she had a pink enamel pendant necklace and matching drop earrings from Juicy Couture. She held a Marc Jacobs satchel that matched her shoes. On her lips was a touch of Dolce &Gabbana lip gloss, and her nails were painted white.

"You girls look gorgeous now," said Victor warmly, "but I'm sure you can't dance like that." Then he ducked out of the room and allowing them to put on their dancing outfits. Paige felt gratified.

Paige pulled light blue booty shorts with a strip of black lace to the hem of themand its matching crop top with a black lace heart attached to the front of it out of her bag and changed. Brooke had chosen gray sweatpants with elastic cuffs so she could roll them up and a yellow sports bra. Paige's hair was gathered in a high ballerina bun while Brooke's was in a side ponytail.

"Are you ready?" Victor asked as he tapped at the door.

"Come in!" Brooke called.

"Now, I have a few questions for you girls," Victor proclaimed as he walked over to them. "Oh, sit, sit," he urged. When they did, he pulled out two clipboards, rolled onto his stomach on the floor, and turned to Paige. "Name?" he inquired.